The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Just popped in to look
Lots of lovely shots.
Godfrey - the two black and whites are fabulous
Cindy - love the columbines - excellent.
Raf - I think you'd better buy that macro lens!
Thanks, Jono.
Godfrey, Your black and whites are wonderful.
Raf, You did an excellent job with that Nikon lens. If you are thinking of a macro, check into the Oly 50 f/2 ED. It is as sharp as they come.
There are so many wonderful shots in this thread...keep them coming.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jonas, Thank you.

I started with the tip of the white petal on the left-hand flower and shot till I had the front flowers in focus. I never did focus stacking before, so I tried Photoshop first. Photoshop decided to make the middle flower the one in best focus and the flower on the left was left somewhat OOF. That is not what I wanted. I downloaded the trial of Helicon Focus. It is super easy to use. I recommend that everyone give it a try. You can use it for 15 days for free and they don't ruin your photo with a watermark.:thumbs:

f6cvalkyrie

Raf, You did an excellent job with that Nikon lens. If you are thinking of a macro, check into the Oly 50 f/2 ED. It is as sharp as they come.
thank you, Cindy, for your praising words and advice !

I took a look, but they are quite expensive new here, and nothing on the evilbay. So I took the plunge for a pristine second hand (have to watch my budget since I bought that 7-14mm) Nikon Micro 55/2.8

I'll post a pic as soon as it arrives !

C U
Rafael

monza

Thanks Keith, the Sonnar is my favorite lens. You should see these in larger size! What a fantastic paintbrush it is, and it's only 55+ years old.

V

Vivek

http://www.restoration35.com/photo_posts/flowersonnar.jpg

Awesome, Robert! Fantastic frame you have there! (couldn't care less if it was Sonnar or Tessar) Everything is put together so nicely!:)

apicius9

Wow, these Sonnar pictures are beautiful Robert. You guys make it really difficult for beginners to find the courage to post here. I'll try anyway... Here are a few from today at the farmers' market. All taken with a Summicron R 50 and my new direct adapter from JR, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied (my PC with the 'better' software crashed yesterday...). They look o.k. on my subnotebook, I hope they'll hold up on your screens.

Stefan

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, these Sonnar pictures are beautiful Robert. You guys make it really difficult for beginners to find the courage to post here. I'll try anyway... Here are a few from today at the farmers' market. All taken with a Summicron R 50 and my new direct adapter from JR, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied (my PC with the 'better' software crashed yesterday...). They look o.k. on my subnotebook, I hope they'll hold up on your screens.

Stefan
Stefan,
Sorry to hear about your computer crash.:scry: Your pictures are beautiful from the Summicron R... wonderful Leica colors.

monza

Thanks Cindy. :)

Stefan, I'm curious what the contrast is like out of the camera on those shots. They look great. On the Sonnar I have to boost contrast a bit, not unexpectedly for a single coated ancient lens.

Here are a couple more.

apicius9

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure how that comes out with attached pictures, but here is one straight from the camera and again after auto sharpening and auto contrast in Picasa. I think it clearly makes a difference and I am surprised how well the auto function works, but then again I only see it on a 10" screen ATM... I also took pics with the Canon TV 25/1.4 and 13/1.5 today and especially the 25mm - while really easy to handle and generally sharp - benefits from a contrast boost. With the Switar 75/19 the difference before and after was the smallest - I like that lens more and more every day...

I know that some of you perform magic with their talent and skills - while an after taking the shots - but I am just getting back into this and want to work on the picture taking first, on PP later. After all, I enjoy taking pictures because it takes me away from the computer for some time... So, if Picasa or PS Elements produce reasonable pictures with minimal effort, I am fine for now. Next step is learning to deal with RAW format...

Stefan

JerryMK

Wollensak Cine Raptar 1 Inch, f/1.9

Wollensak Cine Velostigmat 1 Inch f/1.5

They sure shoot fine these old 16mm c mounts

monza

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure how that comes out with attached pictures, but here is one straight from the camera and again after auto sharpening and auto contrast in Picasa.
Nice improvement Stefan, hard to argue with those results. :)

f6cvalkyrie

Here's some flower close-ups that I did during my lunchbreak today :

and this is how this plant looks :

much like a waterfall of flowers, don't you think ?
All with Nikon 50/1.4

C U
Rafael