The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

f6cvalkyrie

All these are from the botanic garden of the Leuven University, shot handheld with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 :

Good night for now,
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Let me just show you two more pics from the Leuven botanic garden, both with the Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 :

Have a nice day,
Rafael

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Raf,
Your flowers from the botanical garden are spectacular. The last one in the first set is my favorite. I hope you printed that one.

f6cvalkyrie

Raf,
Your flowers from the botanical garden are spectacular. The last one in the first set is my favorite. I hope you printed that one.
Thanks for your appreciation, Cindy.
I didn't print anything yet, because they serve the purpose of becoming a calendar ( just preparing now 2010) for my wife :D

have a nice day,
Rafael

apicius9

Not very artsy shots, but the glass is a perfect capture of my my current state of mind on a hot Hawaiian afternoon, a day before a holiday (Kamehameha Day), and the other one is from the place where I think I will be going now, they brew on the premises.... ;) Summicron 50.

Stefan

woodyspedden

Good comment! I would call this; " The will to live "
Kind regards, Michiel
Interesting Michael!

I have an image that I posted here about a year ago where a little yellow flower bush was seen growing from a crack in the outcropping from Page AZ where there was virtually no sign of life except for the bush.

I called the image "Clinging to Life" as though the bush was actually clinging to the outcropping for its sustenance and depended on that for its ongoing existence! It was an M8 image that I successfully printed to over 16x20 to get the impact it needed. One of my most proud photographic moments.

Let's hope there are many more like these. I know I am proud of mine and I am sure you are very proud of yours, as you should be.

Cheers

Woody Spedden

f6cvalkyrie

The will to live has not been sufficient here : this is the last surviving flower on a plant that has been giving us visual pleasure for months. I hope they will be back next year !

Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 @ 5.6 iso100 1.640

C U,
Rafael

V

valtof

Hi happy G1 users with 50mm lenses !

I have the opportunity to get a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon f:0.95 / 50mm in C-mount.
I didn't see the lens yet and I don't know much about it. The owner told me it measures 83mm long and about 60mm diameter. I suppose it is the same as the image below, since this one is described as a modified c-mount to Leica M.

Does somebody has experience and images done with this lens ?
And how much do you think I should pay for it ?

thanks in advance.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17869&stc=1&d=1245069448

E

EWR72

Anymore Jupiter-3 50mm 1.5 photos? I am interested in the G1 so I could use this lens which I currently own and also my M42 lenses.

Photomorgana

Hi happy G1 users with 50mm lenses !

I have the opportunity to get a Schneider Kreuznach Xenon f:0.95 / 50mm in C-mount.
I didn't see the lens yet and I don't know much about it. The owner told me it measures 83mm long and about 60mm diameter. I suppose it is the same as the image below, since this one is described as a modified c-mount to Leica M.

Does somebody has experience and images done with this lens ?
And how much do you think I should pay for it ?

thanks in advance.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17869&stc=1&d=1245069448
Its a great lens, I love the bokeh. My is slightly different than on your picture. Maybe older version, maybe different format all together. (mine is heavy, 800gr or so) I would say buy it if its around $1K.
There should be samples on this thread, that I posted earlier.