The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Leica 77

Shooting with 50's on G1. G1 + Rayqual Adapter + Contax S Leica M Adapter + Opton Sonnar 50mm f1.5 + Zeiss Opton Proxar 20. Aperture f2.8. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Shooting with 50's on G1. Here is a set of Zeiss Opton proxars. I used one of these proxars attached to my Opton Sonnar 50mm f1.5 + G1 to make the digital image above. Thanks. Leica 77 :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Shooting with 50's on G1. Here is a set of Zeiss Opton proxars. I used one of these proxars attached to my Opton Sonnar 50mm f1.5 + G1 to make the digital image above. Thanks. Leica 77 :)

Hi Leica77
I was curious about this set up. Thanks for the photo. For what camera was this lens produced originally?
The picture; is it a blue coloured whisky glass? Nice question for for a photoquiz.
Cheers, Michiel

Leica 77

Hello Michiel,
The Zeiss Contameter and its set of 3 proxars were primarily made for the Contax IIa rangefinder camera. As you have noticed, I am running out of lenses and I had to use a "blue coloured whisky glass". It has a "cool" look for a summer day. Cheers! All the best, Leica 77

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My original G1 just went in for conversion to IR. I got a new G1 (blue this time) yesterday.
G1 and Olympus 50mm macro f/2

Diane B

Nice ones both Robert and Cindy. I like both of those lenses on the G1. I haven't been able to decide whether to add another 50 or sit tight for awhile--posts like these always make new lenses tempting LOL.

Diane

B

Burningalive

Diane excuse my slowness but why do you use a extension tube? I have the FD adapter coming for my e-p1 and didn't believe I needed an extension. Do I? Thanks.

Diane B

Diane excuse my slowness but why do you use a extension tube? I have the FD adapter coming for my e-p1 and didn't believe I needed an extension. Do I? Thanks.
An extension tube allows you to shoot much closer to the subject. I don't have a macro for the G1 so occasionally use one of the tubes (I have a set of 3--12mm, 20mm and 36mm and added a separate 25mm--all for about $30 or less). The minimum focusing distance with the 50 f/1.8 is about 1.5 feet--I generally use the 12mm, sometimes the 12 and 20 stacked--to get much closer. I also use them with the FD 135 f/2.8--minimum focusing about 4.5 feet.

Unless you want to do some macro, you don't need them. I don't use them a lot--but for the money (I have a set for my EF mounts also and sometimes use them with my Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro), its a cheap way to try macro without buying a dedicated lens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extension_tube

So--no--you don't need them at all to shoot with an FD. Hope you enjoy your lenses.

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

Cindy, very nice sharp and crispy images with the Olympus 50/2.

Earlyer today I piled up the following combination;
G1 - M4/3 to 4/3 adapter - OM adapter - OM mount Panagor auto macro adapter for 50 mm lenses -OM 50/1.4
I was just interested in the results so subject choosen within reach.
All subjects between 2 and 3 cm.

Handheld, flower from the veranda.

Tripod, money from Suriname.

Tripod, my 15 years old watch, still running in time.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
RBowman, Thanks for ID'ing the moth. It is funny that I told my husband that I thought that it was a hummingbird at first and then thought it was some kind of a moth (with a mouse face.) I wasn't too far off.

Thanks DianeB and Leica77.

Michael, Thanks. I love the colors in your flower.

Leica 77

Cindy, very nice sharp and crispy images with the Olympus 50/2.

Earlyer today I piled up the following combination;
G1 - M4/3 to 4/3 adapter - OM adapter - OM mount Panagor auto macro adapter for 50 mm lenses -OM 50/1.4
I was just interested in the results so subject choosen within reach.
All subjects between 2 and 3 cm.

Tripod, my 15 years old watch, still running in time.
[/CENTER]
Hello Michiel,
Very nice sharp images! Your watch is still ticking nicely. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello Michiel,
Very nice sharp images! Your watch is still ticking nicely. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Thank you Leica77, but I noticed my date is incorrect :ROTFL: :ROTFL:, I never look at it, but the pic is from 31 july.
So the days are not ticking so nicely. :ROTFL:
Greetings, Michiel