The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello Michiel,
Wonderful color and bokeh! This one is my favorite image. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Thank you Leica77 and John for your appreciation. This lens can make some weird curls in the close background while it can appear rather smooth in the far background. I am really enjoying this lens.
Thanks, Michiel

G

GummieBear

Re: Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8

It delivers a strange bokeh, but I think it is not bad. It is a lens coming from an Edixa-reflex and has a M42 mount. It is very well made.
Here are some samples with the usual flowers :rolleyes:

Michiel
Hi Michael,

New member here. I have the same lens, and the aperture on this lens is stepless (no click stops). Is this the same on yours as well?

Thanks

Yu-Lin

G

GummieBear

My first picture here :)

C-mount JML 50mm f0.95 TV lens + G1. Too bad this lens can not focus to infinity due to its very large diameter at the back. The c-mount, however, is removable.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michael,

New member here. I have the same lens, and the aperture on this lens is stepless (no click stops). Is this the same on yours as well?

Thanks

Yu-Lin
Hello Yu-Lin,

Yes you are right, if you pull the aperture ring towards the camera the aperture is stepless. It says Edixa-Reflex on the outside of the lens barrel. You have any pic's with this same lens to share?

Best regards, Michiel

G

GummieBear

Hello Yu-Lin,

Yes you are right, if you pull the aperture ring towards the camera the aperture is stepless. It says Edixa-Reflex on the outside of the lens barrel. You have any pic's with this same lens to share?

Best regards, Michiel
Hi Michiel,

Thanks for the information. When you say "pull the aperture ring towards the camera", do you mean that you can make it so that it clicks? Mine does not have this option.

I haven't taken any pictures with lens on the G1 yet, though I have a few taken with the 5D. Will definitely post a few later.

Thanks

Yu-Lin

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for the information. When you say "pull the aperture ring towards the camera", do you mean that you can make it so that it clicks? Mine does not have this option.

I haven't taken any pictures with lens on the G1 yet, though I have a few taken with the 5D. Will definitely post a few later.

Thanks

Yu-Lin
While pulled you can turn stepless, i you let go it clicks into the stops.

Michiel

G

GummieBear

While pulled you can turn stepless, i you let go it clicks into the stops.

Michiel
That's interesting. Mine does not have that option. Perhaps the previous owner broke it. Here are a couple of pictures of the lens:

Michiel Schierbeek

Here is mine, it certainly looks different.
There have been lots of lenses and versions made for the Edixa- Reflex, also in the original Edixa mount, which we, sadly, can not use because there is no adapter for it as far as I know.
So this must be a different version from a differnt year.

Michiel

G

GummieBear

Many thanks for the picture, Michiel. Now I know they are different designs. Cheers.

Michiel Schierbeek

G1 with C-mount Meopta Openar 80mm F2.8 Made in Czechoslovakia
Welcome Hakkalo, nice shot! Let's start a (around) 80mm lens thread!
There are a lot of legendary lenses from 75 to 90 mm :D
Meopta Openar, it sounds like an opera!
For what filmcamera was it made for?
Greetings, Michiel

slau

Tripod mounted G1 + Carl Zeiss 50f1.4 Planar
1/3s f/5.6 iso100

Handheld G1 + Carl Zeiss 50f1.4 Planar
1/400s f/1.8 iso1000

Last edited:

hakkalo

Welcome Hakkalo, nice shot! Let's start a (around) 80mm lens thread!
There are a lot of legendary lenses from 75 to 90 mm :D
Meopta Openar, it sounds like an opera!
For what filmcamera was it made for?
Greetings, Michiel
I thought year of 50s:mad:

Here is the right one
G1 + Nikkor-H Auto 50mm F2:D