The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Jonas

Now that you've decided to take that route, a good point to keep in mind is that the TV versions (....) Good luck and good hunting!
That confirms my impression. I'm thinking of finding a TV version and have it converted to M-mount. It doesn't seem impossible expensive to have the job done and I guess the second (third, fourth, fifth...) hand value would be better.

Yeah, I need some good luck I guess... thanks, /Jonas

M

Mingjai

Mingjai,

I like this photo a lot! Great action and expression on the dogs, and I like that you kept enough DOF to see the expression of the woman in the background.
Thank you so much Amin. It was really just dumb luck that it turned out like that--though I guess in photography, as in ice hockey or soccer, it takes some skill to put yourself in the right place at the right time.

Anyway, here's another one I took with the FD 50mm f/1.4. I believe this one was at f/2.0, ISO400.

m3photo

Michiel Schierbeek

Would like to get the M39 adapter to for my Nokton 50mm and 15mm wide heliar soon, when I allow myself :rolleyes:
Here are some shots with different 50 mm lenses, all shot wide open, which is sort of new to me because usually I like a lot of DOF.
But people here post such a beautiful swallow dof pictures on this forum that it made me want to give it a try.

Olympus OM Zuiko 50 mm 1.4 1x
Yashica 50 mm 2.0 2x
Nikkor-h 50 mm 2.0 2x

B

butterdada

Another Kern: Kern Switar 50/1.8 for alpa modified to M mount lens , then use M to M4/3 adaptor
Post again, all wide open.

Another Kern: Kern Switar 50/1.8 for alpa modified to M mount lens , then use M to M4/3 adaptor
Post again, all wide open.
Your food pictures make me salivate, Pavlov reflex, I did not have my breakfast yet... I like the Alpa Switar very much on the G1, especially for macros, mine is a 1.9

M

Michael James

Re: Nikkors on G1

Welcome, Michael.
I'm waiting for a direct adapter to come out very soon, as I can't be bothered to buy and attach two. According to Rong Jin*, he says his will be available March mid-month - which is now, so I'm standing by my mail ...
THANKS! Ideally, that is what I would want. Just one adaptor.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Leica Summarit-M 2.5/50 on G1 - here is what it does

Panasonic G1 • Leica Summarit-M 2.5/50mm • 1/3200 sec. at f/2.5 ISO 100

and here is what it is

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/15 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

monza

Carl Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50/1.5 (Contax mount, Amedeo Nikon RF to Leica M adapter + Novoflex LEM/MFT adapter)

100%

monza

Thanks Peter...I was photographing some equipment and the cat took an interest. My Novoflex M adapter replacement finally arrived and it was a good opportunity to try the Sonnar for the first time. That was about f/11, because of the flash umbrellas; I hope to test wider apertures today. :)