The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Memory..2008 ; My DMC-L10

B

butterdada

I just sold my Panasonic DMC-L10 this week.
Lots of photos were shot by it in 2008.
It's a good camera, but few 4/3 users buy it.
Why for sell?
Because I will buy E-620 soon.:D

DMC-L10 + olympus 35/3.5 macro

B

butterdada

DMC-L10 + Konica UC hexanon AR 28mm F1.8

Last edited:
B

butterdada

Last edited:
B

butterdada

DMC-L10 + Contax sonnar 180mm F2.8

[/IMG]
DMC-L10 + Olympus 9-18

Last edited:
B

butterdada

DMC-L10 + L1 kit lens

Last edited:
B

butterdada

DMC-L10 + Minolta RF Rokkor 250mm F5.6

Last edited:

ricseet

Hi Butterdada, thank you for sharing your L10 pics. Wonderful set and I enjpyed viewing them.
I am still hanging on to my until you check out the E620.
BTW, I am looking for a longer tele lens like 400mm for the L10. Have you come across any that worked well?
I am presently using the PL 14-150mm and would I benefit from using EC14?
Appreciate your time.

cheers

ric

iiiNelson

I think I tend to like the way the Panasonic draws images a bit better than the Olympus models. Olympus seems to have a much better and wider variety of lenses (in a wider price range) than the Panasonic/ Leica ones.

ricseet

Hi Hiredman, I have no comparison as I do not have oly gears. Own the L10 with the PL lenses and the one thing that I really like about the set up is the colors.

iiiNelson

I don't have experience with either the Panasonic or Olympus. I was just just judging by output from various web samples in different forums and photo sets. I don't know how much is the equipment or how much is the post-production process but the Panasonic 4/3 samples (and m4/3 ones for that matter) seem to "pop" (or exhibit more vibrancy to use more of a technical term) just a tad more to my eyes. I'm going back and forth between going Micro 4/3 (I'm about tired of waiting to see what Olympus will come out with) or waiting on the Olympus e620 (after I see some real world samples.)

Nice photos again and thank you for sharing them with us.

Michiel Schierbeek

BTW, I am looking for a longer tele lens like 400mm for the L10. Have you come across any that worked well?

ric
Hello Ric,
Not 400 mm but I have 2 300 mm lenses that work well.
The Olympus OM Zuiko 300 mm 4.5 and the Tamron SP 300 54B 1:5.6.
The Tamron is a great lens and not to big and balances very well handhold on the camera. It does not have it's own tripod connection, that is a pity, but because it is not to heavy you can use the camera connection with a steady tripod.
Cheers, Michiel