The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need some help on price

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

I've been out of U4/3 for a while. Cleaning out my camera cabinet yesterday, I ran across a Panny 14-45 zoom. I haven't owned a 4/3 cam since the GH2, so not sure why this didn't get moved when I sold off all of it. Anyway, I obviously need to sell it and have zero idea what it is worth. I want to price it for quick sale in our B&S, not looking to squeeze every nickel out of it. It's in 99% condition with caps and hood but no box or paperwork.

Thanks in advance!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi guys,

I've been out of U4/3 for a while. Cleaning out my camera cabinet yesterday, I ran across a Panny 14-45 zoom. I haven't owned a 4/3 cam since the GH2, so not sure why this didn't get moved when I sold off all of it. Anyway, I obviously need to sell it and have zero idea what it is worth. I want to price it for quick sale in our B&S, not looking to squeeze every nickel out of it. It's in 99% condition with caps and hood but no box or paperwork.

Thanks in advance!
It's a decent lens, but there are so many of them around. My guess would be $100 or slightly above that... very slightly.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen! Will it move quickly at $80? $70???
If you find a buyer, probably yes, but this is not a lens I would buy for myself. It's typically something I would attach to a camera that I would give to some teenager or other beginner to get him or her started with photography. That is what I did with my own Pana 14-45mm and a GH1.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay thanks. I remembered it being a remarkably good performer. I'll list it at $80 and see what happens.

leuallen

just saying: that lens is bound to stay in your cabinet ...
I don't know about that! I am giving it some thought. I group my cameras and lenses into camera bags for specific uses: general use, infrared, panoramas, etc. I don't like to switch equipment between bags as then I never know what I have in each bag. I have a van which carries all of the bags and I have a car which has no camera. I want to put a nice camera and basic set of lenses in the car. I have a spare EM-1 and 50-200 4/3 for starters but no normal lens. This sounds like the ticket. I have a 14-45 in my infrared bag so I know it is good.

Larry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well, it was in the B&S for $80 and Larry said he wants it, so it appears to have found a home :)