The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M42 screw thread to M4/3 adapter

Some time ago, I bought a Peleng fisheye lens for my Panasonic G2 and G6 cameras. The lens had an M42 screw mount and came with an adapter for use on M4/3 cameras. The adapter was a good quality one and unfortunately, I seemed to have lost it. A relative has asked me to film his wedding which is coming up very shortly. I'll be using my Panasonic cameras but my native zoom lenses are pretty slow so will be useless in the dim interior of a church where the ceremony will be taking place. I have a Pentax Takumar 55mm f2 lens which I'll use on camera B which will mounted to a tripod off to the side – recording continously. Meanwhile camera A will be mounted with a Canon FD 50mm f1.8 lens closer to the 'action'. However, since Ive lost the adaptor for the Pentax lens, I'm at a bit of a dilemma. Guess I'll have to order one through eBay.

I don't suppose anyone knows the brand name of the adapters that are supplied with the 8mm Peleng lenses? There was another time I bought an M42 to M4/3 adapter (via eBay) which went on to the camera sort of okay but I had a lot of trouble removing it. So much trouble that I thought it might damage the electronic contacts around the lens mount. Ive never used that adapter since and am now quite cautious about lens adapters – especially the cheap ones. Any recommendations for good quality M42 to M4/3 adapters?

Last edited:

Knorp

Tricky as I don't have any M42 lenses.
Dhops here in Holland sell well known brands (m42->m43) like Novoflex (€79,95), Kiwi (€49,03) and Kipon (€59,95).
I'm sure your local photo monger can advice you.

hot

I've a lot of such things - each 10x better than 10x so expensive "aequivalents"