The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hot shoe cover for G1.....

Diane B

I've never had a hot shoe cover for any but my quite old AE-1, but Richard Franiec makes neat little relatively inexpensive but very nicely made accessories for a number of cameras. I bought his grip for my G9 which makes shooting with it so much nicer ergonomically. When he couldn't find a G1 near him to test his cover on, he found I had one and asked me to test it--particularly if the onboard flash still worked correctly with the cover on--as it does for the LX3 and DLux4--which he offers also--as well as a cable release adaptors--and 'stuff' for other small cams.

I did--and it works very nicely--protects the hot shoe contacts, gives a nice finish to the camera. I took some pics for Richard and show one here with the cover on
taken with the G9 which I haven't used for eons.

I have no connection with Richard other than owning his well made, well designed grip for the G9 but thought some others might be interested for the G1.

You can find more info here (Don Ellis is another without any connections to Richard except liking his accessories and shows them on his site--- and I've known Don as a photo friend for many years).
http://kleptography.com/rf/

Diane

Last edited:

kweide

In older days i cut them by myself fron old credit cards... had always a special look :) and cost nothing.

cap'n bill

I always take them off when I buy the camera so that when I come to sell it I still have the cover, instructions box etc etc

Diane B

I always take them off when I buy the camera so that when I come to sell it I still have the cover, instructions box etc etc

Sounds like a plan LOL. I've never bought a camera except my very old AE-1 that had one that I can remember so I've never had to consider pro or con hot shoe cover and I don't have a cover for any of my cameras at present. Just passing along some info about this one in case others are interested.

Diane