The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F1.2 - the fast lane

this comparison does not make sense. They used the Nocticron on an Olympus body. They should have used the Nocticron on a Panasonic body to benefit from the Dual IBIS and internal algorythm to improve image quality.

This is a ooc Jpeg vs ooc Jpeg comparison. So the Olympus 45/1.2 had the advantage of improving internally the image quality, the Nocticron not.

I wonder how the results would have been if both lenses would have been used on a Panasonic body ;)

Knorp

this comparison does not make sense. They used the Nocticron on an Olympus body. They should have used the Nocticron on a Panasonic body to benefit from the Dual IBIS and internal algorythm to improve image quality.

This is a ooc Jpeg vs ooc Jpeg comparison. So the Olympus 45/1.2 had the advantage of improving internally the image quality, the Nocticron not.

I wonder how the results would have been if both lenses would have been used on a Panasonic body ;)
I doubt the results would have been much different, but yes you're absolutely right it would have made for a more realistic and fair comparison.
But hey - they started their video with a warning ... :grin:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

While I agree and find these incompatibility wallet garden protection issues between Olympus and Panasonic m43 annoying, this one does not affect me, as I almost always shoot RAW exclusively.

No posts for five months.

Can't see any evidence of anyone buying one in the other threads.

Like the posters above I was keen to buy.

What is holding you folk back? Just the prices?

Tony
London UK

Sorry Bart,

Still can't see any shots from that lens.

Don't worry.

I'll see what I can find elsewhere.

In my book the biggest downside for me with m43 is having too much in focus. Snag is I don't have time to fiddle around with manual focus lenses so I am waiting for Oly or Panny to come up with something that buys me back the bokeh I sold with my FF DSLRs.

Tony

Amin

I recently picked up the Olympus 17/1.2 and 45/1.2. Between those two and the Laowa 7.5/2, I think I've found my ideal 3-lens kit.

A few family snaps from this week with the 17/1.2:

Amin

Well done A

Nice short depth of focus

T
Thanks, Tony. Here are a couple more snaps from this week with the 17mm f/1.2:

It's not as shallow DOF as, say, Sony 35/1.4. But it's shallow enough for me, and it handles a lot better. And the Olympus bokeh is very pleasing, at least to me.

I'm assuming that Sony body and lens is a lot bulkier.

When I started bokeh chasing I considered moving to Sony - until I realised I was lurking on the edge of DSLR weight/size.

Tony

Amin

There is also the very small and light Sony 35/2.8 to consider if choosing between these two systems...