The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Lenses on Olympus Em1.2 WRT AF

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Folks,

I have a principal question on how Panasonic lenses will work on Olympus EM1.2 WRT AF. Let me explain:

1) Panasonic uses DFD in their top cameras (like GH5 and G9) in order to support decent fast and accurate AF
2) Olympus does not support DFD in their cameras, but the EM1.2 is using instead PDAF in combination with CDAF. Will that help for achieving decent fast AF?

My main reason for asking: I will probably get a G9 with some PanaLeica lenses (8-18, 12-60, 42.5, 100-400 and the upcoming 50-200) in addition to my existing Olympus EM1.2 with mainly Pro lenses. Any experiences on using the PanaLeica glass on the EM1.2 and how accurate and fast AF is working?

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinion.

Peter

PS: I will never sell my Olympus gear, but want to supplement it with the G9 and the lenses mentioned above, so I am curious how these systems really play together. That together should make up for a pretty impressive m43 setup if it works properly!

Knorp

FWIW - I have had little or no difficulty with my PL lenses 15/1.7, 45/2.8 (✞), 42,5/1.2, 100-400/4.0-5.6(✞) on my EM1-I and EM1-II.