The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Viltrox shortener

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've bought the Viltrox EF-M2 0.71x focal length reducer, and will post some test shots with different lenses and apertures here. Being an old man, I don't always remember the apertures correctly, so take it for what it is. What I can say so far is that it looks very promising. The latest version of the Viltrox only seems to be available in EF mount, so I combine it with EF to OM and EF to F adapters from K&F Concept.

GX8 with Viltrox and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's another one from yesterday, same lens but stopped down to 1.4 or 2.0 (2.0 or 2.8 on the lens). At this aperture, this combo is very, very sharp. Great fun this :)

100% crop. Sorry about the noise. His face was nearly 1.5 stops underexposed, so I lifted the shadows as well as the general exposure. No noise reduction applied:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GX8 with OM Zuiko 85mm f/2 and Viltrox @ f/1.4

Lovely lens, and cheap. I think I paid less than $200 for it in mint condition last year, black version :)