The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Develops Industry’s-First 8K High-Resolution Global Shutter organic sensor!

k-hawinkler

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As long as it can handle my Olympus MFT lenses. :facesmack: :LOL:
If mot, then I have to buy more PL lenses! :banghead: :shocked:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As long as it can handle mu Olympus MFT lenses. :facesmack: :LOL:
If mot, then I have to buy more PL lenses! :banghead: :shocked:
I am sure it can handle m43 Olympus lenses. Actually when I tried my Pro lenses (12-40 and 40-150) on the G9 they focused pretty accurate and fast - even in dim light with not much contrast. I think that these vendors are trying to build wallet gardens around their products/implementations and make us customers believe that you need to stay in one system - which is not really true.

Anyway if I would will add a Panasonic body, then I will also add PanaLeica lenses to my m43 arsenal - definitely. What shall's - I am giving up my principles :banghead:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The original post was from m43 rumors

https://www.43rumors.com/wow-panaso...rst-8k-high-resolution-global-shutter-sensor/

and they mention this sensor should be expected in the GH6 - what else that means. But I think that could be true, as Panasonic wanted to have 8k video ready for the next summer Olympics in 2020 - so a top of the line body would make huge sense, as they could literally blow away the competition and this with "only" m43 :toocool:

"Panasonic had a major announcement today. The world’s first 8K Global Shutter sensor! This kind of sensor can be expected to be used by the future GH6. Check out the stunning details in this press text:...:"

iiiNelson

Obviously Panasonic is working with Towerjazz as well on a Global Shutter Sensor based on a CMOS BSI process - should also come to FF cameras.

https://www.43rumors.com/towerjazz-panasonic-pushing-global-shutter-bsi-sensor-tech/
Panasonic owns a large portion of TowerJazz but if I was a betting man I’d say that this sensor was coming to the next generation VariCam and not the GH6. It’s likely an APS-C sensor and I doubt they’d let the GH series leapfrog the VariCam and the EVA lines for a much lower price. This sounds like a sensor that will go into a camera that goes for $10K+ and seeing how the current 8K camera’s are going for $35K+ that would be a steal at anything under $20K.