The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus 2.8/ 40-150 PRO

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I found this glowing review of one of my favourite and most used m43 lenses - the Olympus 2.8/40-150 PRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFBzJjrwCM

Not only can I back all the great findings of this review, but I am getting back and back again to this lens as my bread and butter always on the camera m43 lens - it is giving you a 80-300 with 2.8 constant aperture! Also great with the TC1.4 - hard to beat!

Especially in the light of all the other appearing glass (looking at you Panasonic) in this area, I still prefer the Oly again and again. And BTW its price is really low for such a stellar glass.

Enjoy :thumbs:

2014-12-12_0009.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2015-01-15_0006.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2015-01-15_0011.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

k-hawinkler

Thanks Peter, agreed.
Please keep up your enthusiasm for this great lens. Much appreciated.

Not bad, not bad at all! :thumbs:
The reviewer only seemed to show short video clips.
Interesting, I had not seen this style before.

Maybe it’s time for me to shoot a few short video clips myself. :grin:

bensonga

I have thought many times about getting this lens to use with my E-M1.1, but since I mainly use Panasonic cameras, I've largely stayed with Pana lenses.

With the PL 50-200/2.8-4, I certainly don't need this lens now. Nonetheless, this morning I pulled the trigger and ordered one. As Peter said, the current price made it harder to resist.

I might even see how well it works on the G9 compared with the PL 50-200.

Gary

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I have thought many times about getting this lens to use with my E-M1.1, but since I mainly use Panasonic cameras, I've largely stayed with Pana lenses.

With the PL 50-200/2.8-4, I certainly don't need this lens now. Nonetheless, this morning I pulled the trigger and ordered one. As Peter said, the current price made it harder to resist.

I might even see how well it works on the G9 compared with the PL 50-200.

Gary
Gary,

please don't blame me for buying one - but I am pretty sure you will like it!

Peter

bensonga

Gary,

please don't blame me for buying one - but I am pretty sure you will like it!

Peter
LOL....I won't blame you Peter, but I must give you credit for prompting me to take another close look at it. :thumbup:

Although, I don't normally use tele-converters, I decided to get the Oly 1.4x too. Now I can do a proper head to head comparison with the PL 50-200 at the long end.

Gary

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
LOL....I won't blame you Peter, but I must give you credit for prompting me to take another close look at it. :thumbup:

Although, I don't normally use tele-converters, I decided to get the Oly 1.4x too. Now I can do a proper head to head comparison with the PL 50-200 at the long end.

Gary
Great!

Also if I repeat myself - I like this lens and the TC combo with that lens as well!

Hope you will not be disappointed,

Peter

bensonga

I'm sure I won't be disappointed. It will just be interesting to compare the two lenses. I'll mount the 40–150 with tele-converter on my E–M1.1 and the PL 50-200 on my G85. Both are 16mp sensors and will have max apertures of f4 at 200mm.

bensonga

Whether the few photos I took today with this lens are any better than those I have taken with the PL 50-200 lens doesn't matter to me.

I like using this lens.

Gary

Cow Parsnip - E-M1.1, 40-150/2.8 Pro at 150mm, ISO 200 and f4

Nothing to See Here - E-M1.1 40-150/2.8 Pro at 150mm and f5.6