The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic GH6 Rumors

iiiNelson

Yeah... that’s completely wishful thinking/clickbait. I didn’t even make it to the even before I turned it off.

There’s no way Panasonic releases a GH6 that outperforms their VariCam or EVA1 that’s used for cinematography on many Netflix Original Series. At best, Panasonic will get the GH line to B/C camera status but in reality it’s directed/marketed for people doing music videos, indie films, corporate interviews, and high quality crash camera work... along with still photos.

I fully expect their global shutter sensor will go into he next generation VariCam within the next 2 or 3 years or so and then a stripped version MAY find its way into say a GH6s or GH7 in day maybe 2023 or later after the EVA2 comes out.