Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 44 of 44

Thread: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

  1. #1
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7



    Maybe I'll stay with m4/3 a little longer
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Vivek
    Guest

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Fabulous addition!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post


    Maybe I'll stay with m4/3 a little longer
    Nothing says commitment to continuing a line like new lens development. This lens actually makes me want to run out and buy a G9.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  4. #4
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    WIth this lens on one body and a portrait lens on a second, I'm basically done for most of my industrial and travel photography and video. This is a godsend.

    What they do here is utilising the advantage of a small sensor. I can't wait to see the optical performance.

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    WIth this lens on one body and a portrait lens on a second, I'm basically done for most of my industrial and travel photography and video. This is a godsend.

    What they do here is utilising the advantage of a small sensor. I can't wait to see the optical performance.
    Well ive always said and though Micro 4/3 and FF are perfectly complimentary to one another (and APS-C and cropped Medium Format pair nicely). The only difference is that within 6 months or so you will be able to buy the pair from the same manufacturer.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Well ive always said and though Micro 4/3 and FF are perfectly complimentary to one another (and APS-C and cropped Medium Format pair nicely). The only difference is that within 6 months or so you will be able to buy the pair from the same manufacturer.
    When and how much?
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    When and how much?
    For this lens? I donít think they actually said but Iíd assume it will be upwards of $1.5-2k personally
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    For this lens? I donít think they actually said but Iíd assume it will be upwards of $1.5-2k personally
    Sounds right, and around 500 grams or maybe 600.
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    For this lens? I donít think they actually said but Iíd assume it will be upwards of $1.5-2k personally
    Thanks Tre. And when?
    With best regards, K-H.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    ... and I just sold my 12-35mm f/2.8

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Thanks Tre. And when?
    Yeah I have no idea when. Sorry Karl.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  12. #12
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    This lens has apparently come as a total surprise. There's no info anywhere, except a screen grab at 43rumors that shows that it uses 77mm filters, so it's pretty big. Not unexpected with the large aperture

    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    It has an aperture ring - I remember those
    Ian.

  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    That lens 10-25/1.7 and the Nocticron 42.5/1.7 on two cameras and one is set for non-tele shots. I know the Nocticron works well on my Olympus OM-D cameras except for the Aperture Ring, should One expect similarly for the 10-25/1.7?

    Of course one could always get a Panasonic camera for just those two lenses.
    With best regards, K-H.

  15. #15
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    That lens 10-25/1.7 and the Nocticron 42.5/1.7 on two cameras and one is set for non-tele shots. I know the Nocticron works well on my Olympus OM-D cameras except for the Aperture Ring, should One expect similarly for the 10-25/1.7?

    Of course one could always get a Panasonic camera for just those two lenses.
    It will probably work perfectly well on any of the Olympus bodies. Add one of the 40something lenses plus the 75mm f/1.8 and 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 85 and 150mm are covered, all at larger apertures larger than 2.0
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Yup, 10-25/1.7, 42.5/1.2, 75/1.8, 150/2, and 300/4 Pro
    ought to be a really nice lineup.
    All that’s missing in my collection is the 10-25/1.7.
    Last edited by k-hawinkler; 25th September 2018 at 05:48.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Remarkable, very remarkable.

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Yup, 10-25/1.7, 42.5/1.2, 75/1.8, 150/2, and 300/4 Pro
    ought to be a really nice lineup.
    All thatís missing in my collection is the 10-25/1.7.
    ...and the PanaLeica 200/2.8.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #19
    Senior Member biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Damn. More damage to my wallet!

    I wonder if this is a Sigma design?

    LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    ...and the PanaLeica 200/2.8.
    Not really ... 150/2 + 1.4 TC = 210/2.8!
    With best regards, K-H.

  21. #21
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    After doing some reading and thinking, I've found that this lens actually solves most limitations that m4/3 imposes on me, in addition to the fact that the zoom range isn't available for any full frame camera anyway. All those industrial shoots in dark settings with limited space to move around can now be done with one camera body and one lens instead of carrying multiple bodies or change lenses as needed. I'll most probably keep my two GX8 bodies for stills and get a GH5s for video. The reason for the GH5s is much better slow motion (240 fps at 1080p), less rolling shutter and much better low light video, particularly at high frame rates.

    All in all, yesterday's announcements confirms Panasonic as a supplier that understands the needs of their users. I'm actually very impressed, not only by their new products but also by their attitude
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #22
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    After doing some reading and thinking, I've found that this lens actually solves most limitations that m4/3 imposes on me, in addition to the fact that the zoom range isn't available for any full frame camera anyway. All those industrial shoots in dark settings with limited space to move around can now be done with one camera body and one lens instead of carrying multiple bodies or change lenses as needed. I'll most probably keep my two GX8 bodies for stills and get a GH5s for video. The reason for the GH5s is much better slow motion (240 fps at 1080p), less rolling shutter and much better low light video, particularly at high frame rates.

    All in all, yesterday's announcements confirms Panasonic as a supplier that understands the needs of their users. I'm actually very impressed, not only by their new products but also by their attitude
    I donít know that this lens solves all the issues that come with using a smaller sensor in lowlight compared to a faster prime but it will likely be a great lens nonetheless. I think all suppliers understand the loudest customers needs - itís those niche needs that tend to be more obscure. In any case I think most of the long time Mirrorless manufacturers are doing a better job than the old guard IMO but thatís just me.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  23. #23
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    I donít know that this lens solves all the issues that come with using a smaller sensor in lowlight compared to a faster prime but it will likely be a great lens nonetheless. I think all suppliers understand the loudest customers needs - itís those niche needs that tend to be more obscure. In any case I think most of the long time Mirrorless manufacturers are doing a better job than the old guard IMO but thatís just me.
    It does because when standing on top of some large machinery, 5-8 metres above the factory floor, and I'm going to take photos and/or video of what goes on inside that machine and then assorted overviews of the factory, I need at least 2, sometimes 3 primes, which means bringing 2-3 bodies, each with one lens and each with a tripod mounting plate, since handheld video is mostly out of the question. With this lens, I don't need anything in addition, just one camera, one lens and one tripod.

  24. #24
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    All in all, yesterday's announcements confirms Panasonic as a supplier that understands the needs of their users. I'm actually very impressed, not only by their new products but also by their attitude
    I am impressed as well! Their m43 lineup of cameras and lenses is second to none and I am actually thinking about getting a G9 sometime when there are great rebates. Also their lens lineup became more than intriguing and this new 10-25 lens is a killer lens anyway.

    Adding to that one of their FF bodies and some speciality lenses that I need for FF and I am done. I mean really!

    Great company and actually pretty comparable attitude to Fuji.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #25
    Senior Member mediumcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    And there I was thinking that small size and light weight were significant advantages of the format!

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by mediumcool View Post
    And there I was thinking that small size and light weight were significant advantages of the format!
    Well they still are... this lens has a 77mm filter thread the new Canon RF 28-70/2 (not really an equal comparison) has a 95mm one. The lenses will always be smaller when comparing equal focal length equivalents and this is a unique 20-50mm equivalent. I guess the closest thing that I can think of to this would be the Leica MATE and even still that was a 28-35-50 equivalent.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  27. #27
    Senior Member mediumcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Well they still are... this lens has a 77mm filter thread the new Canon RF 28-70/2 (not really an equal comparison) has a 95mm one. The lenses will always be smaller when comparing equal focal length equivalents and this is a unique 20-50mm equivalent. I guess the closest thing that I can think of to this would be the Leica MATE and even still that was a 28-35-50 equivalent.
    Smaller? Why compare it with lenses for other camera formats? Last time I looked, this thread was posted on 4/3—try putting one in your pocket attached to a GM5.

  28. #28
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart ...

  29. #29
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Actually it is not as expensive as I had expected - $1797.-

    https://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-1...t-focuscamera/

    Considering it replaces 4-5 fixed focal length lenses it is actually a bargain
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #30
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Actually it is not as expensive as I had expected - $1797.-

    https://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-1...t-focuscamera/

    Considering it replaces 4-5 fixed focal length lenses it is actually a bargain
    Yeah I think so too. I was fully expecting it to run ~$2500 so thisnis a pleasant surprise.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #31
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Actually it is not as expensive as I had expected - $1797.-

    https://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-1...t-focuscamera/

    Considering it replaces 4-5 fixed focal length lenses it is actually a bargain
    Weight isn't too bad either, at between 7 and 800 gram. A lens to consider in the future in combination with the 50-200.

  32. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C. region
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Now we can dispense with "rumors" :
    https://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-a...-camera-lenses

    The disclaimer about "splash / dust resistant" doesn't instill confidence --no following the E-M1x into the waterfall!

    -d.

  33. #33
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by drofnad View Post
    Now we can dispense with "rumors" :
    https://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-a...-camera-lenses

    The disclaimer about "splash / dust resistant" doesn't instill confidence --no following the E-M1x into the waterfall!

    -d.
    I donít think thatís really the target of this lens. I think itís directed more at the run and gun video crowd than that of the extreme sports crowd. That being said Iíve taken my ďweather resistantĒ A7RII and Sony Zeiss Distagon 35/1.4 on the boat at Niagara Falls and itís still working fine nearly a year later after getting soaked (but not submerged).
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  34. #34
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Oh dear ...... that's a very tempting lens;
    I am a zoom person - and the f1.7 would be rather useful for me.

    I can see my camera bag getting larger and heavier, and my bank balance smaller, and lighter (neither was my intention)
    Ian.

  35. #35
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2503

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    Oh dear ...... that's a very tempting lens;
    I am a zoom person - and the f1.7 would be rather useful for me.

    I can see my camera bag getting larger and heavier, and my bank balance smaller, and lighter (neither was my intention)
    Smaller bank balance? Is it supposed to be big? Are you sure?

  36. #36
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Can't wait till the end of July. I got one on pre-order and hopefully the delivery timeline does not slip as I'd be making a trip to New Zealand soon after. Will do a quick comparison to my 12-35 mk 1 but I'm quite confident that this should be better
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #37
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    I also think it is an interesting focal length range. Allthough again a lens destroying (big part of) the size advantage of m43.
    I wonder how its IQ will compare to primes.

  38. #38
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Gordon Laing has his review out

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qZ...em-uploademail

    While I watched (a great review IMO as always from Gordon) I just could not help myself thinking this lens is just much too big for me and for what m43 should offer in general. Yes, IQ seems to be great and comparable or better than prime lenses but I would not lug such a combo of a G5 or G9 around for long time with that lens attached.

    So moving on, as this is definitely not the lens for me, not now and most probably not in the future.

  39. #39
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    I'm generally not a zoom guy, but this seems finally a good upgrade for what was always my favorite lens in FourThirds format, the Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 ED. The additional speed is useful with FT format, although it does carry a good bit of bulk as penalty.

    Should be a nice piece. I'd buy one almost without thinking if I were still shooting with the E-M1...

    G

  40. #40
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    anybody uses one allready?

  41. #41
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    After more thinking about pros and cons I decided to give this lens a chance.
    The last decision factor was how it would balance on my G9, and in the end the lens felt less heavy than it looked on the images - and IMO balances fine on the G9.
    The focal length range is very useful for my application and with the wider end than a normal midrange zoom and the faster f-stop and the round apparture I expect that it gives me some interesting benefits over a normal midrange zoom. The G9 with this lens is not a compact, but the G9 isnt a compact anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Gordon Laing has his review out

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qZ...em-uploademail

    While I watched (a great review IMO as always from Gordon) I just could not help myself thinking this lens is just much too big for me and for what m43 should offer in general. Yes, IQ seems to be great and comparable or better than prime lenses but I would not lug such a combo of a G5 or G9 around for long time with that lens attached.

    So moving on, as this is definitely not the lens for me, not now and most probably not in the future.
    It's designed primarily for video, to be glued to GH5s and their descendants. The speed, focus mechanism, rings, etc., are all video-centric all the way. The mass, too, where stability and gimbal balance are paramount.

  43. #43
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    It's designed primarily for video, to be glued to GH5s and their descendants. The speed, focus mechanism, rings, etc., are all video-centric all the way. The mass, too, where stability and gimbal balance are paramount.
    Reassuring that this lens is not for me - I am more a photographer than a videographer

  44. #44
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

    Well, a round apparture with good bokeh, a nice ring for f-stop and a nice mechanical focusing dont hurt me as someone who does much more photography and only occasional movie/video.
    But one has really to be fine with the fact and to accept that it is not a small (and not a cheap) lens. So I fully understand it is not for everybody.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •