The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

That lens! 10-25mm f/1.7

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
WIth this lens on one body and a portrait lens on a second, I'm basically done for most of my industrial and travel photography and video. This is a godsend.

What they do here is utilising the advantage of a small sensor. I can't wait to see the optical performance.

iiiNelson

WIth this lens on one body and a portrait lens on a second, I'm basically done for most of my industrial and travel photography and video. This is a godsend.

What they do here is utilising the advantage of a small sensor. I can't wait to see the optical performance.
Well ive always said and though Micro 4/3 and FF are perfectly complimentary to one another (and APS-C and cropped Medium Format pair nicely). The only difference is that within 6 months or so you will be able to buy the pair from the same manufacturer.

k-hawinkler

Well ive always said and though Micro 4/3 and FF are perfectly complimentary to one another (and APS-C and cropped Medium Format pair nicely). The only difference is that within 6 months or so you will be able to buy the pair from the same manufacturer.
When and how much?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This lens has apparently come as a total surprise. There's no info anywhere, except a screen grab at 43rumors that shows that it uses 77mm filters, so it's pretty big. Not unexpected with the large aperture :)

k-hawinkler

That lens 10-25/1.7 and the Nocticron 42.5/1.7 on two cameras and one is set for non-tele shots. I know the Nocticron works well on my Olympus OM-D cameras except for the Aperture Ring, should One expect similarly for the 10-25/1.7?

Of course one could always get a Panasonic camera for just those two lenses. :LOL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That lens 10-25/1.7 and the Nocticron 42.5/1.7 on two cameras and one is set for non-tele shots. I know the Nocticron works well on my Olympus OM-D cameras except for the Aperture Ring, should One expect similarly for the 10-25/1.7?

Of course one could always get a Panasonic camera for just those two lenses. :LOL:
It will probably work perfectly well on any of the Olympus bodies. Add one of the 40something lenses plus the 75mm f/1.8 and 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 85 and 150mm are covered, all at larger apertures larger than 2.0 :)

k-hawinkler

Yup, 10-25/1.7, 42.5/1.2, 75/1.8, 150/2, and 300/4 Pro
ought to be a really nice lineup. :grin:
All that’s missing in my collection is the 10-25/1.7. :facesmack:

Last edited: