The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Olympus High End m43 Camera

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What are you talking about? Did you listen to the podcast? It’s not talking about Fuji at all - it’s talking about how there’s room for Full Frame and Cropped sensors... and how literally every company except Olympus supports multiple sensor sizes.
No, but I am talking about Fuji.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Something is happening. Panasonic has a two month promotion on all their three top models here in Thailand. The G9 is suddenly $1,400 (eqv.) including 7% vat. That will be very hard to resist. One of my GX8 bodies will have to go I suppose.

iiiNelson

Something is happening. Panasonic has a two month promotion on all their three top models here in Thailand. The G9 is suddenly $1,400 (eqv.) including 7% vat. That will be very hard to resist. One of my GX8 bodies will have to go I suppose.
Its been that way stateside for a bit now. G9 goes for $1200 ang GH5 for $1600.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Olympus EM1.2 is going for €1499.- here in Austria. If you buy a kit with 2.8/12-40 PRO it is another €200.- cash back I guess.

Yes, something is happening ....

BTW if the new EM1X is really that big and highly priced as I fear then a G9 might be the way to go for me as well ... especially at such low prices.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Olympus EM1.2 is going for €1499.- here in Austria. If you buy a kit with 2.8/12-40 PRO it is another €200.- cash back I guess.

Yes, something is happening ....

BTW if the new EM1X is really that big and highly priced as I fear then a G9 might be the way to go for me as well ... especially at such low prices.
I'll probably go for it for a number of reasons:

- Excellent video including 4K/60 and 1080P/180
- Very high quality hi-res 80MP
- Large battery
- Great viewfinder
- Great ergonomics
- Large buffer
- Articulated LCD (which I mostly turn in against the body)
- Fantastic dual IS with very many lenses

Although the E-M1X will probably be at least as good in many area and have superior AF, it will also probably be much more expensive, and who says one cannot have both? :ROTFL:

k-hawinkler

Right, I keep what I have and add the E-M1X! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbup:
The last :thumbup: Is for the E-M1X! :LOL:

Knorp

bodywidthheightdepth
Z7134.0100.567.5
GFX-50R160.796.566.4
E-M1 X144.3146.775.3
E-M1 II134.190.968.9

bensonga

Assuming those are the dimensions for a E-M1 X with a built in grip, I was curious to know how it compared to the Pana G9 with the vertical grip attached.

From the specs I gathered on the Web, dimensions of the G9 with grip attached are (WxHxD): 136.9 x 143.6 x 91.6.

Just a bit smaller in width and height compared with the E-M1 X (144.3 x 146.7 x 75.3)

Gary

Knorp

Assuming those are the dimensions for a E-M1 X with a built in grip, I was curious to know how it compared to the Pana G9 with the vertical grip attached.

From the specs I gathered on the Web, dimensions of the G9 with grip attached are (WxHxD): 136.9 x 143.6 x 91.6.

Just a bit smaller in width and height compared with the E-M1 X (144.3 x 146.7 x 75.3)

Gary
Exactly ! And we do know by now why that G9 is that large, don't we ?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Another very solid response to the video from Tony Northrop on "m43 is dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8dn4JLyfg&feature=em-uploademail

Question really is who will buy Panasonic FF, as existing FF users from Nikon, Canon and Sony will most probably keep investing in their brand and not switch. So who in the end will buy Pana FF? Most likely also many m43 users will not switch, maybe some will add a FF system but then it could be any system and not necessarily Panasonic. So this could rather turn out to be a dead end for Panasonic FF and the L-mount alliance and not for m43.