The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Outstanding m4/3 photographers

iiiNelson

This photographer shots 35mm for his professional work, but gives a really compelling argument for m4/3, which he uses for his personal work. Not for people that are afraid of heights: https://alpineexposures.com/phototips/tips-from-the-pros-which-camera-gear
Interesting path he took and his words come across as very measured for his uses. Hard to disagree with much of what he said. At the time, I’d agree with him that the A7RII was the most capable camera I used. There are more capable cameras available now but we are at the point where there are undisputed yet compelling reasons to choose Mirrorless technology over SLR based systems. There are still some specialized lenses in the SLR world that prompt the use of adapters on FF cameras or cropped sensor systems that provide comparable reach. In any case, it’s an exciting time in the camera industry and it’ll likely remain so for the next few years as in body computational photography matures.

rayyan

This has been, for me, and shall remain one of the most interesting threads on GetDPI.

I would like to thank all folks, especially Jorgen for starting this thread. And all those who brought these magnificent images, and the photographers, to my attention. What talent!

Re: to those who consider this sort of exhibition of superb talent lacking originality...give me the mundane. In a way that is superbly presented, as here.

The sun, e.g., what is original about it? Mundane eh!

I am learning a lot...maybe I need to learn the 101 of photography.

But I surely can see and feel exemplary work and go on to the 102 of photography.

Wonderful!

gnuyork

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I found this guy on my YouTube feed for some reason...but I gave it a watch, and his photography is really great and it opened my eyes up to M4/3 possibly...I think he shoots the GX9...

https://www.mitchellk-photos.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I found this guy on my YouTube feed for some reason...but I gave it a watch, and his photography is really great and it opened my eyes up to M4/3 possibly...I think he shoots the GX9...

https://www.mitchellk-photos.com
Thanks for posting that. I've seen his work before and it's excellent. The GX9 is a sweet camera also, and it's only a question of time before I get one I suppose. Just have to wear out one of my GX8 bodies first :)

sabonis

Thank you for these very interesting shares.
Now I can see the progress I have to make with the m4/3 system.:bugeyes:
And it shows the real possibility of this system
I already had Daniel Hammelstein in my favorites Flickr and I love the delicacy of his photos