The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus 150-400 Lens

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Does anyone know if this lens has an internal focusing and internal zoom design?

Gary
I don't know, but looking at the design and with background from Olympus' other very high end lenses, I'm 100% sure that all will be internal. Unfortunately, I'm also sure that the price will reflect that :scry:

I do also think that this lens will be the best excuse to buy the E-M1X for sports photographers. There's nothing even closely equivalent to that combo out there, and two bodies with this lens on one and the 12-100 or 40-150 on the other will cover almost everything an outdoor sports photographer does out on the track or stadium, or at least, it would have for me. Add an ultra WA, a portrait lens and maybe a macro, and it's the ultimate go anywhere kit.