The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 32MP and Global Shutter Sensors for m43

Elderly

Along with (insert names of other cameras here *****************)
Jorgen will be buying them next year :ROTFL::grin::D;).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Along with (insert names of other cameras here *****************)
Jorgen will be buying them next year :ROTFL::grin::D;).
Nah... will probably skip this one. With 32MP at 4:3 it can only do 6K video. I need 8K at least for my new blockbuster movie "The Cameras in my Life". :facesmack:

On the nearly serious side, since it's an FT1 rumour, it's probably the Sharp sensor. 32MP with a 16:9 format sensor is more or less 8K. I might have to buy the Sharp. Terry Gou, the founder and general manager of Foxconn, the company that owns Sharp, aims to become president of Taiwan next year. I always wanted a presidential 8K camera. They say it will be good for my dynamic range. I would like to brighten up the shadow sides of my life, lift them to another level :ROTFL:

PS. Didn't you read the news? I'm buying a brand new E-M5, that fantastic camera that received a Gold Award by dpr... in 2012. Unfortunately, it looks like I've sold it to a needy friend before I've even picked up the camera, but I was pretty close to owning a brand new camera there :lecture:

Elderly

I'm buying a brand new E-M5, that fantastic camera that received a Gold Award by dpr... in 2012. Unfortunately, it looks like I've sold it to a needy friend before I've even picked up the camera, :
Could this be the genesis of a rival photo store to the big hitters? 42ndStreetBHPUdvangarama :p

msadat

if they can mange noise, it will be the ultimate camera for me, i love th m4/3, small and sharp sharp lenses!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
if they can mange noise, it will be the ultimate camera for me, i love th m4/3, small and sharp sharp lenses!
If they manage a higher resolution than the current 20MP and on top of that a global shutter then I would have found permanent home - maybe :rolleyes:

But hey, I would take whatever sensor improvement they bring in their next EM1.3 :cool:

iiiNelson

If they manage a higher resolution than the current 20MP and on top of that a global shutter then I would have found permanent home - maybe :rolleyes:

But hey, I would take whatever sensor improvement they bring in their next EM1.3 :cool:
I think it would be even harder to sell EM1x’s if there was a EM1mk3 with a “better” sensor in it for around $2000... I wouldn’t bet on that happening but I’ve been wrong before.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I think it would be even harder to sell EM1x’s if there was a EM1mk3 with a “better” sensor in it for around $2000... I wouldn’t bet on that happening but I’ve been wrong before.
Better m43 sensors will come (resolution and high ISO) but it is a matter of time when.

I do hope within the next 1 or 2 years though, but I might be too progressive?