The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

e510

Lili

I fell today. I visited Wolf Camera and Video's clearance center. I found an e510 with kit lens for less than the same camera, body only, at Amazon.
So I not have two kit lenses, LOL.
The pancake is gonna stay pretty much welded to my e410, making a tiny package I love to use. And the IS equipped e510 will be sporting my 14-42mm and 40-150mm kit lenses, the 70-300mm and, thanks to a fotodiox adapter, my Pentax 50mm f1.4 FA lens. Gotta love IS and 100mm-e fast glass, can you say concert kit?
PICS as soon as the battery charges...

kweide

Hi Lili,

BTW: i always though you were strongly tied to small pocketable cams. What a surprise to see Olys in your hands :) How many cams do you own ???
Yes, yes yes, let the battery charge faster :)

Klaus

Lili

Klaus, I do use the small cams, mostly the F60fd or GRD.
They are much easier to take with.
Currently I have the GRD, F60fd, S6000fd, e410 and e510.
I need to shoot more and buy less, LOL.
Seriously, my tendency lately has been leaning more to larger sensors and the way they draw.

kevinparis

congrats on getting the 510 - sounds like you got a bargain

just one bit of user advice - when using manual lenses make sure you dial in the correct focal length into the IS system - it is easy to forget when you change manual lenses and it does make a difference

cheers

Kevin

Lili

Lili

e510, 1/2.5 sec, F3.5, Kit lens at 28mm-e, handheld ISO 100

1/8 sec, f3.5, ISO 800, 28mm-e kit lens again

Lili

Signs

e420 Pentax SMC FA lens, 50mm, f1.4 1/80sec and 1/40sec respectively ISO 800
Not bad for 55mph with a 100mm efl lens