The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Variable ND on M43

Jeffg53

I am currently travelling with an EM 1 2 and th 12-100. It is a terrific combo for travelling. There have been a couple of times when an ND would have been helpful. I have used ND filters for many years but want light gear while travelling. I am aware of variable screw on NDs and wonder how they perform.

Anyone using them, and any suggestions for a brand. By default, I would buy Schneider or B+W.

I may be a bit slow responding as wifi is only available in the local pub.

iiiNelson

I am currently travelling with an EM 1 2 and th 12-100. It is a terrific combo for travelling. There have been a couple of times when an ND would have been helpful. I have used ND filters for many years but want light gear while travelling. I am aware of variable screw on NDs and wonder how they perform.

Anyone using them, and any suggestions for a brand. By default, I would buy Schneider or B+W.

I may be a bit slow responding as wifi is only available in the local pub.
I’ve been hearing great things about these ND filters as they aren’t supposed to exhibit any color shift. A little on the pricy side IMO but if color consistency is important then they may be worth checking out.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/

Jeffg53

Thanks. I found that the PolarPro doesn’t come in a 72mm version so that became a showstopper. I always use a lens hood so step down rings were going to be a problem. I ended up with a Breakthrough 3 stop which I will experiment with to see if it does the job.