The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Landscape photography using YI M1 mirrorless camera?

Rozspri

Hi everyone, I am kind of new in photography. Got a YI M1 mirrorless camera by this new company YI Technology. Got it in the US because I was looking for one that is affordable based on my budget. Now, I am using stock lenses for now and I have seen some posts they have amazing pictures and we are using the same gear. So how can I improve these shots for example (lanscape/cityscape). I only play around with the F and S of the settings as some have shared their tips and tricks already. But how can I make them sharper and more, vibrant... it is hard t explain but, I basically want them to look professional. It is just a hobby for me and not as a career but it is very interesting and I love photography!

Shashin

Welcome.

Practice and experience. Those "professional" looking images come down to the quality of light, composition, and control of the camera and photographic process. The quality of light you have little control over beyond recognizing it and being there. Everything else is down to the photographer. Those images that inspire you, think about how the photographer is composing the image and the quality of the light in them--is it late in the day, what direction, etc.

But most is simply taking pictures and evaluating them. The more you take, the better you will understand what you are after. The good news is your camera will not be your biggest limitation.

Quo

Hi everyone, I am kind of new in photography. Got a YI M1 https://cameravs.com/YI-M1 mirrorless camera by this new company YI Technology. Got it in the US because I was looking for one that is affordable based on my budget. Now, I am using stock lenses for now and I have seen some posts they have amazing pictures and we are using the same gear. So how can I improve these shots for example (lanscape/cityscape). I only play around with the F and S of the settings as some have shared their tips and tricks already. But how can I make them sharper and more, vibrant... it is hard t explain but, I basically want them to look professional. It is just a hobby for me and not as a career but it is very interesting and I love photography!
My suggestion would be to just play around with all of the features & functions to get comfortable with what each one does.

Rotate the control dial counter clockwise to switch between detailed info and index display. Use the detailed info to get the histogram info for the image. Learn to keep the histogram balanced between the left & right.

Understanding a histogram is key (IMO) to understanding light and image sensors.

Histogram link#1

Histogram link#2

Histogram link#3

Once you have a solid grasp of the basics, your compositions will be more stylized for your liking. Then, you can start shooting in raw (in this cameras case, DNG format) and use one of the many post-processing tools, such as Lightroom, Photoshop, On1, to edit the images to bright out the details!

rayyan

Welcome.

I don’t have tips. But some suggestions.

First, take Will’s advice in the post above.

Second, Make images for the joy they give you.

Lastly...Remember that technical mastery of the
Camera and image making while important does
Not a good photo make!

The subject! If the content grabs your attention
It will grab someone else’s too.

Study the old masters of painting. And you will
Learn about light colors and composition.

But it is the SUBJECT. Always.

imho, of course.