The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Info/adaptor for Hexanon 40 f/1.8

Godfrey

Regards hoods:

I have a bunch of hoods from various lens experiments, B+W and others. So I've usually just poked around, found a reasonable match, then bought a step up ring.

In the USA, Kalt supplies metal, screw in lenshoods in many sizes that are virtually identical to the similar B+W hoods at 1/5 the price. These Heavystar hoods look good too.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

you may remember that I own a 135mm and a 50mm Konica Hexanon AR.
I don't plan to use them on a very regular basis, so I did finally not bother to convert them in a professional way.

Instead, I use what probably is the cheapest conversion set ever :D

It works just fine, the pic I just posted in the Iris thread was made like this.

C U,
Rafael

M

Mingjai

Here are my latest efforts with the Hex 40--nothing spectacular, just a few street scenes in downtown Minneapolis captured going to and from work:

"Mittens"

"Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"

"Deaf Ears"

"First Cut"

These were shot RAW at either f/2.8 or f/4 and post processed in LR2.

Godfrey

I've been examining exposures made with the Konica 40 and the Olympus Pen 40 lenses. It is striking just how similar their characteristics are. They are very nearly identical in rendering qualities, sharpness, rectilinear correction, CA and bokeh. Both are superb.

I'm very very pleased to see this. :)