Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Moon with G1 & telescope

  1. #1
    olyinaz
    Guest

    Moon with G1 & telescope

    Waning near full moon with the G1 and Zuiko EC-14 on a Celestron C100ED telescope:




    Cheers,
    Oly

  2. #2
    Senior Member kweide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Yeah man, thats it ! I can see my left car !
    __________________________________________________
    Part of the Wonderland
    see more ( NSFW ) on : http://www.klaweide.de

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    More pixels, better scopes, bigger moons... I like it Oly, and I'm looking forward to more. Regards, /Jonas

  4. #4
    Senior Member f6cvalkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    wonderful pic, Oly !

    C U,
    Rafael
    E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Takes clear atmosphere to get a shot like that, well done

  6. #6
    ekso
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Oly, that's a one good photo.
    How did you get the G1 to connect to the telescope?
    Ekso

  7. #7
    olyinaz
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Quote Originally Posted by ekso View Post
    Oly, that's a one good photo.
    How did you get the G1 to connect to the telescope?
    Ekso
    The connection I used went like this:
    Telescope
    Threaded T-mount (similar to M42 but with finer threads) attached to telescope
    Four-Thirds/T-mount adapter attached to T threads
    Zuiko EC-14 attached to Four-Thirds adapter
    Four-Thirds/Micro Four-Thirds adapter attached to EC-14
    G1

    Alternately one could simply attach a T-mount adapter for Micro Four-Thirds to the G1 and then screw the G1 on to the telescope's T threads. Indeed, many telescopes come with T threads standard on their focuser tubes. My telescope doesn't have the T threads, however, so I picked up a standard 2" T-mount for telescopes and also included the EC-14 in the image train because I wanted the extra focal length.

    Cheers,
    Oly

  8. #8
    ekso
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Quote Originally Posted by olyinaz View Post
    The connection I used went like this:
    Telescope
    Threaded T-mount (similar to M42 but with finer threads) attached to telescope
    Four-Thirds/T-mount adapter attached to T threads
    Zuiko EC-14 attached to Four-Thirds adapter
    Four-Thirds/Micro Four-Thirds adapter attached to EC-14
    G1

    Alternately one could simply attach a T-mount adapter for Micro Four-Thirds to the G1 and then screw the G1 on to the telescope's T threads. Indeed, many telescopes come with T threads standard on their focuser tubes. My telescope doesn't have the T threads, however, so I picked up a standard 2" T-mount for telescopes and also included the EC-14 in the image train because I wanted the extra focal length.

    Cheers,
    Oly
    Figured it would be a long chain of adaptors. But good to know it is possible. Did you use the "EZ" feature of the G1 ?.

    The picture was worth it. Thanks

  9. #9
    olyinaz
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Quote Originally Posted by ekso View Post
    Did you use the "EZ" feature of the G1?
    I embarrassed to admit that I don't know what the "EZ feature" of the G1 is!

    Cheers,
    Oly

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Cindy Flood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    118

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Oly, This is a wonderful moon shot. Congratulations.

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Oly.....WOW!!!!!

  12. #12
    ekso
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Quote Originally Posted by olyinaz View Post
    I embarrassed to admit that I don't know what the "EZ feature" of the G1 is!

    Cheers,
    Oly
    Oly, I have not yet received my G1, so can only go with forum information so far...have a look at this thread, but mark1000 seems to be good at working out this feature....http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum...ead.php?t=3573

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Meant to leave a post when I first saw it--quite impressive. I passed the link onto friends who would appreciate the image--as I did.

    Diane

  14. #14
    olyinaz
    Guest

    Re: Moon with G1 & telescope

    Thanks again y'all.

    Quote Originally Posted by ekso View Post
    Oly, I have not yet received my G1, so can only go with forum information so far...have a look at this thread, but mark1000 seems to be good at working out this feature....http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum...ead.php?t=3573
    Well that's interesting for sure. I'll have to get into the manual and more helpfully give it a try. I'm intrigued by the notion that the results are better than a simple crop but I wonder if those who crop are doing so in raw development.

    At any rate, thanks!

    Best,
    Oly

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •