The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

f6cvalkyrie

This one is from last sunday, early in the morning, when the sun was still very low, and quite warm in tone.
14-45mm lens @ 45mm

C U,
Rafael​

Diane B

Oh, pretty tones Raf. Here's one from today--got semi lost in the mts. and found this shot of Table Rock (rather iconic in our area) that I've not seen before--on a dead end road. This is at 26mm but took more at 45mm also (plus some with different lenses).

Diane

bavanor

Here are a few photos I took for my furniture friend a couple of weeks ago. And the first one is picture of a ceramic artist, Jamie Kilpatrick's, wood fired tea pot.

Aaron

Diane B

Aaron, nice shots. Ceramics are tough to photograph. I have a whole gallery of part of our collection taken a number of years ago--mostly available light as I recall, but with strobes they do reflect often where you don't want reflections--you can tell your friend I think its a very nice form, lovely surface from the firing/glaze--and great lid (lids are something I pay attention to LOL),

The interiors turned out well too--this little lens really surprises, doesn't it??

Diane

f6cvalkyrie

These were shot a few weeks ago, as a part of a series I did for a friend who is lighting designer. Next week, he'll print his new catalogue, and many pics from this series will be printed.

And, they will also feature on his website.

Here's a few samples :

enjoy your weekend,
Rafael​

bavanor

Diane,

Yes this little lens is impressive. I have done some interiors shoots with it too and just finished another furniture shoot. I think the zuiko 14-54 mm lens for the 4/3 format is a little better, but for the size and weight you can beat this little zoom. And manual focusing with the g1 is just flat out awesome. Nothing better at the moment. this is what the medium format backs need to implement.

The ceramics were shot on a light table, which helped in bringing out the bottom of the pieces. Jamie's teapots are flat out amazing. He is actually out in North Carolina currently for an extended stay after teaching a pottery workshop. Here is another tea pot and some of his cups. Again shot with the kit lens.

Aaron

Diane B

Aaron, I'm in western North Carolina. I wonder if he is Penland???--it would be a logical place for teaching and extended stay for a potter. I'm a lapsed (or retired--whatever you want to call it LOL) textile designer/weaver/dyer-surface designer who did major juried shows for years--primarily eastern US. Over those years I traded and we bought some wonderful clay pieces (and our additions to our collection continue LOL). Besides that, NC is a hotbed for traditional clay (and contemporary also) and in 3 or 4 areas in the state there are high numbers of potters per square mile.

Thanks for sharing these. I like the idea of shooting on a light table--I may try it for fun with the G1. I agree--manual focusing is wonderful with the G1.

Diane

bavanor

Diane,

Actually he was teaching the workshop right outside of Ralleigh, NC. He actually just won a juried show back in December I believe for one of his carved pots.

There certainly are a lot of great potters out there in the south east. I made friends just a few when I was living in Athens, GA. funny thing about that, is I didn't get into doing pottery myself until moving out here to Seattle, WA.

Here are few of my on pots, shot with the kit lens again.

f6cvalkyrie

This panoramic shot was achieved through cropping, not stitching

14-45mm @ 14mm f5.6 1/320sec iso100

C U,
Rafael

kevinparis

can someone change the title of this thread to "kit lens" or "kit-lens" as I keep reading kittens :)

love and peace and just in jest

K

kevinparis

re bavanor

those are pots... thought they were Panansonics new ceramic lens range...was particularly drawn to the strange macro at the back :)

Diane B

Thanks for sharing these. I like to learn more about fellow forum members. Interesting how one thing leads to another creatively. Your surfaces are intriguing, but then that's what often catches my eye first. I like your mark--my raku friend had a chop made--similar.

Diane B

bavanor

kevinparis,

after drinking a bottle of sake from it, you might try it as a macro lens :D

Just an update, I spelled Jamie's last name wrong, the correct spelling is Kirkpatrick.

bavanor

Thanks Diane,

Yes it is fun finding out interesting tidbits about other forum members. Especially when they lead to creativity.

I liked my mark so much on the ceramic pots, I took a photo of it and made it my icon :D

I just finished a raku class at Pottery Northwest here in Seattle. It was great fun to take after my wood fire class. I went from only doing one firing the whole 2-3 months to doing a fire every week. Fun.

T

tripper

Shots of my dogs.

1. Jess, working cocker spaniel

14-45 @ 45mm f/6.3 1/80s iso200

2. With Harris my Labrador

14-45 @ 23mm f/4.7 1/30s iso250

3. Both 'resting' after a hard day.

14-45 @ 36mm f/5.5 1/40s iso400

tripper

f6cvalkyrie

Lovely dogs and excellent shots, tripper !!

C U
Rafael

(ps : I need urgently to do a go pic of my 15y old Jack Russell)

f6cvalkyrie

Two more close-up shots from my garden, shot this morning in light rain !
14-45mm @ 45mm f5.6 iso100

C U,
Rafael​