The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 Adapters

iiiNelson

I ordered my G1 two lens kit today from Contact Photo Arts and it should be here by Friday. That said while I was in the spending mood I also ordered a couple of Voigtlander Primes (28/2 Ultron and 50/1.5 Nokton.) Now I just need to order the adapter so I am asking what is the consensus on the best M-->M 4/3 adapter? I was looking to order it and have it delivered by Friday if possible so eBay auctions are really a last resort.

Jonas

(...) best M-->M 4/3 adapter? I was looking to order it and have it delivered by Friday if possible so eBay auctions are really a last resort.
Hi HiredArm,

The best Leica M--> µ4/3 adapter is probably bought either from Japanexposures or CameraQuest (both sell the RayQual adapter I think) or John Milich (his own design and if it is as good as the LTM adapter he makes it is very good). I don't know if any of them can make it happen in two days.

I had no success with my G1 and the CV Ultron 28/2. It's a beautiful lens that draws very nice - but I run into the problem we see from some, most, M-mount wide angle lenses with smearing at the borders. That was unfortunate and the price an early adaptor has to pay I guess. It sent me for a long journey looking for a fast nice prime in the normal range.

regards, /Jonas

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hired Arm,
I use the CV 28 f/1.9 and don't have the smearing that Jonas noted with his CV 28 f/2. If you have a problem with the f/2, you might want to consider the f/1.9.
I use John Milich's adapter.
The good news is that you will have the kit lenses to play with even if you can't get the adapter right away.:D

iiiNelson

I was just going from the site that said it took 2-3 weeks. I will shoot them an email but I talked to Photo Village and they expect to be getting the Voigtlander M --> Micro 4/3 adapters in next week.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
cindy: you should be getting something TODAY in Fond du Lac
Thanks, John.

I have used John's screwmount and 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapters. They are solid and my lenses feel very secure. I have mounted the CV 28 f/1.9 that does not smear into both the screwmount adapter and the 4/3-micro4/3 adapters with success.

iiiNelson

Thanks, John.

I have used John's screwmount and 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapters. They are solid and my lenses feel very secure. I have mounted the CV 28 f/1.9 that does not smear into both the screwmount adapter and the 4/3-micro4/3 adapters with success.
Where did you by those from? I didn't see a site link in the Adapter thread.

monza

John, you need a website. :)

Shipments from Japan are very fast and reasonably priced, EMS is 1200 yen on Dirk's page.

wjlapier

Check with Stephen Gandy of Cameraquest. I have one from him. Works great and shipping is sometimes same day--I live on the westcoast and he ships from Cali, so took two days.