The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two body/two lens kit

DHart

I find far more utility with short lenses than with very long lenses.

That said, I've been thinking about what two lenses might make for a good two body/two lens walk-around kit. (A fast prime or two can always be close at hand, as well, for those opportunities where they are the best option.)

Here are a couple of options that I'm considering:

1 body - with Lumix 8-18/2.8-4 -or- Lumix 7-14/4

1 body - with P-L 12-60 f/2.8-4 -or- Zuiko 12-100 f/4

That focal length range covers my imaging needs nearly all the time. (14mm/16mm to 120/200mm - full frame equivalent).

What are your thoughts on a good two-lens solution?

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Currently, I carry two GX8 bodies, one with the Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 and one with the Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8. If I could afford it, I iwould go for the PL 8-18mm instead of the 7-14. The Zuiko is too heavy for what it does in my view. For the standard zoom, it looks a bit differently, since I often shoot with long lenses. I think I would prefer the Zuiko 12-100 over the PL 12-60. So my answer is 8-18 and 12-100.

if you want to go really compact, Panasonic 7-14/4 and 12-35/2.8 plus a Zuiko 75/1.8 for longer reach and PL 45/2.8 macro for close focus and portraits. That might be the combo I will go for in the future.

Be aware that the Zuiko lenses are mostly more contrasty than the Panasonic and PL lenses.

bensonga

When traveling I usually take two GX-8s. One with the Lumix 12-35/2.8 mounted and the other with the Lumix 35-100/2.8. I don’t shoot ultra wide angles as often as other people might. I often have the Lumix 20/1.7 in my camera bag too.

Gary

DHart

I share the appreciation for GX8 with you guys - it is my favorite m4/3 body, by FAR.

I'm praying that there will be a GX10, modeled after the form factor of the GX8.