Site Sponsors

Thread: Two body/two lens kit

Post Thanks / Like

Two body/two lens kit

I find far more utility with short lenses than with very long lenses.

That said, I've been thinking about what two lenses might make for a good two body/two lens walk-around kit. (A fast prime or two can always be close at hand, as well, for those opportunities where they are the best option.)

Here are a couple of options that I'm considering:

1 body - with Lumix 8-18/2.8-4 -or- Lumix 7-14/4

1 body - with P-L 12-60 f/2.8-4 -or- Zuiko 12-100 f/4

That focal length range covers my imaging needs nearly all the time. (14mm/16mm to 120/200mm - full frame equivalent).

What are your thoughts on a good two-lens solution?
    Last edited by DHart; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:26.
    Don

"Be kind, everyone you encounter is fighting battles you have no awareness of."

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Two body/two lens kit

Currently, I carry two GX8 bodies, one with the Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 and one with the Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8. If I could afford it, I iwould go for the PL 8-18mm instead of the 7-14. The Zuiko is too heavy for what it does in my view. For the standard zoom, it looks a bit differently, since I often shoot with long lenses. I think I would prefer the Zuiko 12-100 over the PL 12-60. So my answer is 8-18 and 12-100.

if you want to go really compact, Panasonic 7-14/4 and 12-35/2.8 plus a Zuiko 75/1.8 for longer reach and PL 45/2.8 macro for close focus and portraits. That might be the combo I will go for in the future.

Be aware that the Zuiko lenses are mostly more contrasty than the Panasonic and PL lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

When traveling I usually take two GX-8s. One with the Lumix 12-35/2.8 mounted and the other with the Lumix 35-100/2.8. I don’t shoot ultra wide angles as often as other people might. I often have the Lumix 20/1.7 in my camera bag too.

Gary
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I share the appreciation for GX8 with you guys - it is my favorite m4/3 body, by FAR.

I'm praying that there will be a GX10, modeled after the form factor of the GX8.
    Don

"Be kind, everyone you encounter is fighting battles you have no awareness of."
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post