The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A library of register distance

pentacon6

Hi all, here is a link of the register distance of all cameras across the century.
I think some members in the forum may browse it already but it is still worth to keep it as highlight, especially if you want to DIY some classical lens to use it on G1.
May one or two is missed but good enough for reference.

Enjoy!

http://www.markerink.org/WJM/HTML/mounts.htm

By the way, the page is updated and give a good hints on G1 registered distance.

"Panasonic G1 Micro Four Thirds 19.20mm
(calculated from a T-mount -> G1 adapter with 35.80mm thickness (register T2 = 55mm; - 35.80 = 19.20)

The original page mis-typed 35.8 to 35.2, but the number 19.2 should be correct.

monza

19.20 is a bit short if I'm not mistaken, there is another thread somewhere here with a more accurate measurement...

pentacon6

I guess so, even heard that 19.8mm or 19.9mm may be the number.
Someone even made a heliocoid which can be used on G1 but seems only one guy making the adapter in such a flexible way.

Godfrey

I guess so, even heard that 19.8mm or 19.9mm may be the number.
I'm not so sure. By my measurements based on a 20mm mount register, the Pen F adapter should be 8.8 mm thick for infinity focus. But in fact when I bodge together my temporary adapter, I get a near perfect infinity mark registration at 9.6mm thick, which leads me to suspect that the 19.2 mm register is closer to correct.

monza

19.8+ is almost assuredly high...

The gold standard in M adapters (Rayqual) measures about 8.58 - 8.60mm thick...subtracting from the known Leica registry (27.95mm) results in 19.35 - 19.37mm.

The Pen F is 1.0mm greater than Leica, which would jibe with your 9.6mm figure, Godfrey...