The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens adapter stuck on camera

Recently, my Panasonic G7 took a fall on it's tripod and collided with the ground. At the time, it was fitted with a Canon FD 24mm lens and Ciecio7 adapter. Afterwards, a message appeared in the viewfinder, saying that the lens is not attached properly and not use the lens release button. So some damage may have been inflicted on the lens mount, lens adapter or perhaps both. I ignored the warning about using the lens release button because obviously, I didn't want to have this lens adapter permanently installed for the rest of it's life. I still want to use other lenses too.

When I removed the adapter and put it back on, there was a lot of resistance. Something didn't feel right.

Later, I put the adapter on my Panasonic G6 to do some testing. I got that same message in the viewfinder about the lens not being attached properly and not to use the lens release button. I tried removing the adapter but it's stuck. It won't come off. When I press the lens release button, the adapter only rotates a very short distance and then comes to a complete stop as if something is blocking it / obstructing it's path. And I notice that exactly the same thing happens if I try and rotate it without pressing the lens release button.

Any ideas on how I can remove it?

A camera repair shop would be one option but I'm based on an island and the cost of a ferry trip to the mainland is a bit pricey – especially for a one off thing like this.

Knorp

G7 ? G6 ? I'd say you're way overdue for an upgrade ... :angel:

I'm sorry for your mishap, but there's nothing I can advise you (other than taking it to the shop for repair).
Hopefully some clever chap here has a bright idea ...

All the best.