The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony alpha lens adapter for the G1 ?

Q

quaman26

Hi there ! Anyone know if there is a Sony alpha lens adapter for the Panasonic G1 and where I can get one ? Pls help. Thanks

A

apras

unfortunately the alpha lenses does not have a manual aperture control. and the default position of the aperture is stopped down, so you will need to stick the aperture to open it.

Q

quaman26

I just browsed the list of adapters and there seems to be one coming out from Novoflex in the coming months. Since the lenses don't have an aperture control, can it be that the adapter from novoflex would allow the G1 to control the aperture ?

Jonas

I just browsed the list of adapters and there seems to be one coming out from Novoflex in the coming months. Since the lenses don't have an aperture control, can it be that the adapter from novoflex would allow the G1 to control the aperture ?
Here is what Novoflex says at their site:
Kommende NOVOFLEX Adapter für MicroFourThirds Kameras:

Ab Ende April 2009:
MFT/OM für Olympus OM (EUR 119,00 incl. MWSt.)

Ab Mai 2009:
mit Abblendfunktion am Adapter
Preise noch nicht verfügbar

MFT/MIN-AF für Sony/Minolta-AF
MFT/NIK für Nikon
MFT/PENT für Pentax

Die angekündigten Adapter sind derzeit noch nicht verfügbar.
Sie können jedoch bereits jetzt Ihr gewünschtes Modell unter [email protected] unverbindlich vorreservieren.
Wir informieren Sie per E-Mail über Preise und Bestellmöglichkeiten, sobald Ihr Adapter lieferbar ist.

My German is not what it used to be but in short they are saying that they will release adapters for Pentax, Nikon and Minolta/Sony AF lenses at some time in May. There will be some sort of aperture control in the adapter. The price is yet to be determined. It is possible to pre-order adapters using the mail addy.

Interesting!

Q

quaman26

Thanks for the rough translation. Would be very interesting to see what it would come to be.