The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Actually, let's keep them together for posterity, I'll merge them. We've sped up the server with a bigger pipe, so it's fine to keep them together ;).

Thanks,

Michiel Schierbeek

Digged up this thread because I ran into this picture I want to share.
The 45-200 is a nice lens for weddings from a distance.
Like the background rendering too.
Michiel

mark1958

I actually think some of the issues with this lenses at the greater focal lengths is related to the difficulty in handholding and getting a steady shot. Here is 100% crop at 200mm. I think this is pretty decent for this lens.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Cormorant and a turtle sharing a log
G1 and 45-200
This picture is wonderful.

Given the discussion on what is "street photography" - this could be street photography. These two get on together, but I don't think there is a relationship there :toocool:

Keith

Novaron

Here are images of pianist Lawrence Gilchrist and harmonica player Frederick Yonnet from this past September's Rossyln Jazz Festival.

Last edited:

Amin

Cormorant and a turtle sharing a log
G1 and 45-200
Love this, Cindy. There's something very human about that interaction!

I don't use the 45-200 very often, but I've been very impressed with its performance when I have taken it out. Wide open at 200mm:

PeterB666

I posted this shot sometime previously but was blown away with the quality of the combination of the Olympus E-P1 and the Panasonic 45-200mm lens. This was really my first outing with the lens and it is a night-time available light shot...

The settings are ISO3200 (yes, that's right), 1/60s and f/5.6 with -0.3EV compensation. I used a monopod coupled with the on-board IS of the E-P1.
There is no post processing other than resizing.