The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

µ4/3 ADAPTER to HASSELBLAD lenses

jotloob

Subscriber Member
NOVOFLEX has got a new homepage .
http://www.novoflex.com
The page is also available in english .

Under Products > Adapter > Adapterfinder , you will find two little windows , where you can select your desired camera and also your desired lens brand .

Entering MFT + HASSELBLAD displays an adapter ring called
HARING + MFTA .
Even a price is already set . I am waiting for a call back from NOVOFLEX just to receive more details .

As far as I understand the adapter philosophy , only F/FE lenses can be used .
But I have no idea about the crop factor .
I will give more details when available .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I just got a call from NOVOFLEX .
The adaption will be as follows : it will be two adapter rings .
HARING + MFTA . The HARING is already avaliable and the MFTA will be available in about 6-8 weeks . HASSELBLAD CFE + F + FE lenses can be used.
The crop factor is 2 .
Jürgen .

RichA

Aside from the novelty value, why go with medium format lenses on a camera with such a small sensor? I'd be worried about carrying that combo around, the stress on the camera bayonet might not be a good idea.

henningw

Good as Hasselblad lenses are, they are unlikely to be optimal on m4/3. A lens with an image circle of 80mm is unlikely to be competitive with one designed for an image cirle of 22mm.

Crop factors are a bit illusory. Best to think of an 80mm Hasselblad lens as being an 80, and 80's are medium long telephotos (equivalent to 160mm lenses on 35mm film) :).

Henning

exe163

Aside from the novelty value, why go with medium format lenses on a camera with such a small sensor? I'd be worried about carrying that combo around, the stress on the camera bayonet might not be a good idea.
I don't think it will stress the camera's lens mount because if you hold it from the lens, the only pressure on the bayonet mount is the camera itself. There's no way it can damage the mount with such a tiny camera.

If one do have some Hasselblad sitting around, it should work well with the combo.

E

elf

If they build tilt/shift into the adaptor, it would be very interesting.