The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

quite possibly a bargain of the century....

kevinparis

Was out visiting IKEA at Plaisir to the west of Paris.... after filling the car with assorted kitchen stuff I popped into Saturn - a electrical goods type warehouse in the same shopping complex.

Saturn are a German chain of stores kinda like a Best Buy. The don't have many branches in France but usually have a goodish range of cameras that you are free to handle if not actually use.

They also have big bins of the things they are selling off using the pile'em high technique

One of those bins was full of Olympus 420's with standard kit lens

The stunning thing on these - brand new in the box cameras was the price

€299 yes less than 300 euros

I resisted as I have a trip to the states coming up and may want to move up the scale.... but this seems a stunning offer and a great intro for anyone getting into photography

thought i'd let you know

K

Brian Mosley

I've been carrying my E-420 today... an absolutely delightful little camera, and works great with any modified Hexanon legacy lens.

With the Hexanon 40mm f1.8 pancake :

Kind Regards

Brian

Lili

Love the stairs shot, Brian. I really like usingthe older lenses on these cameras, the image character is so unique