The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with 7-14mm - show yours !!!!!

f6cvalkyrie

Summer has gone very hot here in Belgium, and my family takes over spanish habits :D

G1 with Panasonic 7-14 @ 7mm

C U,
Rafael

MRfanny

what the heck are we looking at in the first and second pic noirist? sea of red and orange...looks so surreal seeing land that large in just one colour.

f6cvalkyrie

Here's a few shots from the center of Brussels, showing the "Botanique", a cultural center, and the "Tour des Finances", home to our tax services.

G1 with 7-14 Panasonic lens

C U
Rafael

N

noirist

what the heck are we looking at in the first and second pic noirist? sea of red and orange...looks so surreal seeing land that large in just one colour.
First and second pictures are of the Bay Area salt marshes. Third picture is of the Dixiana, a restored Shay steam locomotive.

N

noirist

Another one of the salt marshes in a different color with this magical 7-14mm lens

Leica 77

A few from around and in the "Chinese pavilion" in Brussels

Have a nice day,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
Somewhere recently, I mentioned in this Forum that your wonderful images captured with the 7-14mm lens inspired me to purchase the lens 2 years ago. The scenes from the Chinese Pavilion in Brussels are lovely. Best, :)

f6cvalkyrie

It's been a long time since my last 7-14mm shoot and posts, but, yesterday was the day ;)

7-14 @ 7mm on the G1

C U,
Rafael

I know all about this due to my 'timelapsyness'...

It's a 2.5mm 4-pole plug like so (probably due to the fact that they need external audio through this socket as well):

from further research I've found that only poles 3 and 4 (4 is probably the ground) are used for the lumix trigger and the camera is looking for a 2k ohm signal for shutter (5k for focus). So out of curiosity I rigged up a female 2.5mm 3pole to male 4 pole with a 2k resistor inline. Vola! If you close the circuit it triggers the shutter.
Ive got a similar interval timer that looks like it has the same 2.5mm plug. I hope that I can get it to work with the G1 when I aquire that camera. Problem is...I know absolutely nothing about electronics! Though I see that you know a lot about this subject. With your set up, does the female 2.5mm 3pole fit onto the original plug of the remote control? From there, I'm confused at how the male 4 pole fits into the equasion! Let alone the 'resistor inline'! Do you have any diagrams that illustrate this combination?