The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Summilux M 35/1.4 ASPH on G1

H

hsertic

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience with Leica Summilux M 35/1.4 ASPH on G1? I have this lens from my film days and I would like to buy G1 to use it, but I'm concerned with corner sharpness issue (I have read that there are issues with wide lenses, but I'm not sure for 35mm).

I would appreciate any kind of advice or sample image, since I can not test this combination (there are G1's in Croatia, but I have to order adapter from the states).

Is there somewhere a list of manual focus lenses that work well with G1?

Many thanks in advance for all the help,

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

M

milapse

your confusing 16mm lenses with 35mm lenses... That lens should be lovely and equiv to about 70mm on the G1

H

hsertic

your confusing 16mm lenses with 35mm lenses... That lens should be lovely and equiv to about 70mm on the G1
Hi Milapse,

Thanks for answering. I'm not confused, it is the description 'issues with wide lenses' that is not explained for my lens - 35mm is wide lens by design, so there might be issues with it. That's why I'm looking for actual experience and, if possible, some sample images, since I would be buying G1 just to use that lens.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

Jonas

I'm curious as well. I got an offer to buy this lens. After having tried the CV35/1.2 it would be good to know if the Summilux 35 ASPH works together with the G1. Anyone?

thank you, /Jonas