Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    I'm finding this camera increasingly hard to resist.
    Anybody got any experience?

    Just this guy you know

  2. #2
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Hi Jono,

    yes - plenty of 'first impressions' on our Safari Group site and scattered around dpreview. Have you had a play with one yet?

    It's a very exciting camera - a perfect lightweight backup to your E-3.

    Cheers

    Brian

  3. #3
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Jono,

    I take it from your dpreview post that you're on the way to collect your E-620 now... looking forward to your impressions!

    Capture One 4 handles the E-620 raw files with ease.

    E-620 + PL 14-150mm OIS
    1/60s f/5.6 at 150.0mm iso200


    Kind Regards

    Brian

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    HI Brian
    yep - I went, I played, I considered . . . and I didn't buy it. There was just some little devil in my head saying:

    Yes . . . and if the tobacco tin is announced in 3 weeks and it's weathersealed, how will you feel?

    So I thought I'd just wait for the announcement and see. Basically, I want something to go in a belt pouch for riding, small really is an issue, and I thought the E620 with the pancake might be just the ticket . . . and it might easily be, but there is that little devil!

    Just this guy you know

  5. #5
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    I doubt very much whether the first m4/3rds cam from Olympus will be weathersealed... but not that long to wait to have the specs I guess (next month?)

    Obviously, the E-620 is a little larger than the E-420 but I much prefer the grip and you do get IS + bright articulating lcd... as well as full compatibility with all 4/3rds lenses.

    Have you considered the E-450?

    Cheers

    Brian

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    I doubt very much whether the first m4/3rds cam from Olympus will be weathersealed... but not that long to wait to have the specs I guess (next month?)

    Obviously, the E-620 is a little larger than the E-420 but I much prefer the grip and you do get IS + bright articulating lcd... as well as full compatibility with all 4/3rds lenses.

    Have you considered the E-450?

    Cheers

    Brian
    HI Brian
    I hadn't thought of the E-450, but to be honest, if I were going that way I'd probably grab one of the 420's which are currently going for silly money.

    But I want the IS - I do agree with you about the weathersealing on the m4/3, but of course it could have other advantages. Worth hanging on to see I think.

    Just this guy you know

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Jono-
    I'm so impressed. I guess you also didn't want to have to do an update to the thread of cameras bought and sold in the last two years.

    I'm waiting for the m4/3 announcements as well. I'm about to sign up for an Iceland trip so I'm excited to start thing of my gear for that trip. Late July.

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Jono-
    I'm so impressed. I guess you also didn't want to have to do an update to the thread of cameras bought and sold in the last two years.

    I'm waiting for the m4/3 announcements as well. I'm about to sign up for an Iceland trip so I'm excited to start thing of my gear for that trip. Late July.
    HI Terry
    Thank you - I was a bit impressed as well, especially as I had already negotiated at home.

    I'm obviously getting less acquisitive as I get younger (I celebrated my 57th birthday last year, but it has just been pointed out to me that I'm only 56 )

    We're doing a 'working week' in Cornwall in June, and have just booked our flights for Crete in September. Other than that we are firmly intending to go to Iceland (now that it isn't quite so expensive).

    Just this guy you know

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Terry

    I'm obviously getting less acquisitive as I get younger (I celebrated my 57th birthday last year, but it has just been pointed out to me that I'm only 56 )
    A 'senior moment' Jono LOL????

    I'm impressed too that you didn't 'acquire'--and i'm sort of wondering like Terry if you didn't just want to update your camera list *smile*.

    Diane

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    A 'senior moment' Jono LOL????

    I'm impressed too that you didn't 'acquire'--and i'm sort of wondering like Terry if you didn't just want to update your camera list *smile*.

    Diane
    I like to think of it as a 'getting more junior' moment . . . actually I did the same thing in my 40's, there is something very splendid about finding that you're a year younger than you thought

    As for the camera list - I have no shame, surely you know that much about me by now!

    Just this guy you know

  11. #11
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Far be it for me to spoil your enjoyment of getting younger everyday, Jono, but perhaps I should point out that you -- like most of us -- are actually 9 months older than you might like to think...
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    Far be it for me to spoil your enjoyment of getting younger everyday, Jono, but perhaps I should point out that you -- like most of us -- are actually 9 months older than you might like to think...
    HI Robert
    I'm not sure quite what to say about this nitpicky remark, except that maybe you should bring the yardarm forward by an hour or so and live up to your signature!

    Just this guy you know

  13. #13
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    OT - Jono Slack's photographs

    Thanks for the link to your work. Just had a pleasant while looking at the Suffolk and La Rosière pages. The scarecrow in Nº10 is excellent and the double-entendre in Nº22 made me chuckle. Must say your Black and White images are particularly delicious - Nºs 4 and 18 in the La Rosière set would be well worth seeing at 16x20 on a wall ...

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: OT - Jono Slack's photographs

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    Thanks for the link to your work. Just had a pleasant while looking at the Suffolk and La Rosière pages. The scarecrow in Nº10 is excellent and the double-entendre in Nº22 made me chuckle. Must say your Black and White images are particularly delicious - Nºs 4 and 18 in the La Rosière set would be well worth seeing at 16x20 on a wall ...
    You really don't want to encourage him on LOL (I agree--just have to have an occasional dig at Jono).

    Diane

  15. #15
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Hi Jono,

    the E-620 matches very well with the new ZD 14-54mk II, and the lens seems to be better than my old ZD 14-54 (sold a while ago)...

    E-620 + ZD 14-54mkII @f5.6


    This lens seems super sharp and gives creamy smooth oof areas too!

    Kind Regards

    Brian

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: OT - Jono Slack's photographs

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    Thanks for the link to your work. Just had a pleasant while looking at the Suffolk and La Rosière pages. The scarecrow in Nº10 is excellent and the double-entendre in Nº22 made me chuckle. Must say your Black and White images are particularly delicious - Nºs 4 and 18 in the La Rosière set would be well worth seeing at 16x20 on a wall ...
    Thank you!
    I'm glad you liked them, and thanks even more for saying so :-)

    Some of the black and white picture of 'ros look like going to the tourist board there.

    Just this guy you know

  17. #17
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: OT - Jono Slack's photographs

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    You really don't want to encourage him on LOL (I agree--just have to have an occasional dig at Jono).

    Diane
    Gordon Bennett!
    first you accuse me of 'senior moments' then tell people not to encourage me!


    I love you too Diane


    xx

    Just this guy you know

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Hi Jono,

    the E-620 matches very well with the new ZD 14-54mk II, and the lens seems to be better than my old ZD 14-54 (sold a while ago)...

    E-620 + ZD 14-54mkII @f5.6


    This lens seems super sharp and gives creamy smooth oof areas too!

    Kind Regards

    Brian
    Hi Brian
    looks nice, and that's a lovely shot . . but, that's one lens I won't be getting, if I do get the E620 (which I will if the m4/3 doesn't come up with the goods), then it'll be for travelling small.

    More to the point, if I'm willing to step up a size, then I already have my lovely 12-60, and that 12-14 bit gets used a great deal. My son has nabbed the old 14-54 lens to go with the old E1 which he also nabbed
    Last edited by jonoslack; 7th May 2009 at 09:29.

    Just this guy you know

  19. #19
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Robert
    I'm not sure quite what to say about this nitpicky remark, except that maybe you should bring the yardarm forward by an hour or so and live up to your signature!
    Can't forgo any opportuning to wind some people up
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    Can't forgo any opportuning to wind some people up
    National sport around here mate - but my handle has been turned so many times that the gearing's all gone . . .
    so, be my guest

    Just this guy you know

  21. #21
    Senior Member Robert Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    More seriously, I looked at the Pana G1 and the OLY 620 a couple of days ago. I thought that both of them were too small for me -- it's not that I have very large hands, but they are broad and the fingers relatively short. A problem for me is accidentally hitting the AF/MF button on the OLY 520, and wondering why it won't focus and I often get the end of my left fingers in the picture with the 14-42 even with the lens hood on

    I rather like small/compact SLRs for travel etc, but these two were just too small...the E30 might be the right size -- but perhaps the wrong weight -- but there wasn't one available. Am I the only one with these problems?
    Sláinte

    Robert.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: OT - Jono Slack's photographs

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Gordon Bennett!
    first you accuse me of 'senior moments' then tell people not to encourage me!


    I love you too Diane


    xx
    Gordon Bennett!!!!! I had to look that up--never heard nor read it before LOL. So--learned something new from you yet again.


    Diane

  23. #23
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    A couple more from this morning with the E-620... makes a superb walkabout landscape camera.

    E-620 + ZD 14-54mkII
    1/640s f/5.6 at 24.0mm iso200


    1/1000s f/5.6 at 14.0mm iso200


    E-620 + ZD 7-14mm f4
    1/1000s f/5.6 at 7.0mm iso200


    1/1250s f/5.6 at 14.0mm iso200


    Kind Regards

    Brian

  24. #24
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Brian,

    These are beautiful images. Thank you for sharing.

    I'm also looking for a smaller body for travel usage. The new GH-1 is very attractive but I have already invested in regular 4/3 lenses, 7-14/4 ZD, 14-50/2,8-3.5 Pana-Leica, 25/1,4 Pana-Leica and 50/2 ZD, for an 'old' Panasonic L-1. So I am thinking about E-620. Since you have used E-520 and G-1, how much improvement do you see in the E-620? Thank you.

    Kind regards,

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Brian, I really liked these. I love the feeling of movement/energy in them--the appearance, at least, of the wind in the trees in several, the clouds. Just a very nice set.

    Diane B

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Brian,
    Congrats on the new camera. The shots look nice compositionally but the greens seem really yellow to me. I can't tell if it is the distinct color of spring growth, my monitor or the processing.

  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Brian,
    Congrats on the new camera. The shots look nice compositionally but the greens seem really yellow to me. I can't tell if it is the distinct color of spring growth, my monitor or the processing.
    Hi Terry
    you know about me and greens
    It really is like that here - and it's windy at the moment as well. There's just a couple of weeks at the beginning of May when the world goes acid green, and it's round about now!

    just for terms of reference, here's a picture from one of our lanes with the Sony:


    Just this guy you know

  28. #28
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Thanks Jono,
    I thought that might be the case but just thought I would ask to confirm.

  29. #29
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Yes, thanks Jono - these colours are true... I'm using a colour managed system.

    The contrast in the leaves of the trees, in the strong spring sunlight is astounding right now

    Kind Regards

    Brian

  30. #30
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Brian,

    These are beautiful images. Thank you for sharing.

    I'm also looking for a smaller body for travel usage. The new GH-1 is very attractive but I have already invested in regular 4/3 lenses, 7-14/4 ZD, 14-50/2,8-3.5 Pana-Leica, 25/1,4 Pana-Leica and 50/2 ZD, for an 'old' Panasonic L-1. So I am thinking about E-620. Since you have used E-520 and G-1, how much improvement do you see in the E-620? Thank you.

    Kind regards,
    Hi Ocean,

    the E-620 is a delightful balance of features and size - the articulating lcd is a significant advantage, together with IS for all lenses (including legacy)... in a body which balances compact size with decent ergonomics.

    In short, I think it's about the best camera yet for those who want a compact DSLR.

    Kind Regards

    Brian

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Thanks Jono,
    I thought that might be the case but just thought I would ask to confirm.
    I've noticed that in almost every Brit's landscapes this time of year. Their greens are more yellow than ours--close to what I will see a bit later and towards late Summer (we do have some very light yellowish greens in some trees very early before the leaves are entirely out, but once they are--at least this year, they are GREEN). Right now our greens are SO green--sometimes I've had to go back out and look in the garden or out the window to make sure they aren't 'too'. I find it interesting--but of course, driving around the east coast from north to south, the greens are quite different also.

    Diane

  32. #32
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I've noticed that in almost every Brit's landscapes this time of year. Their greens are more yellow than ours--close to what I will see a bit later and towards late Summer (we do have some very light yellowish greens in some trees very early before the leaves are entirely out, but once they are--at least this year, they are GREEN). Right now our greens are SO green--sometimes I've had to go back out and look in the garden or out the window to make sure they aren't 'too'. I find it interesting--but of course, driving around the east coast from north to south, the greens are quite different also.

    Diane
    HI Diane
    In the case of my shot with the Oak trees - you have it, the leaves aren't yet completely out. It's also a great IR projector, it was the last straw with me for getting IR filters for everything on the M8.

    Just this guy you know

  33. #33
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Hi Ocean,

    the E-620 is a delightful balance of features and size - the articulating lcd is a significant advantage, together with IS for all lenses (including legacy)... in a body which balances compact size with decent ergonomics.

    In short, I think it's about the best camera yet for those who want a compact DSLR.

    Kind Regards

    Brian
    I have come to Olympus 4/3 through the G1. I am very happy with the G1 because I like the size, the performance, and the ability to accept legacy lenses. I also have a Pentax K10 and some good lenses for it. I have decided to move totally to 4/3, so much of my Pentax stuff will go. I have an RD-1 and a bunch of Leica LTM and M lenses. I also have a some c-mount lenses.
    I want another body - shall I buy a GH-1 or move over to an Olympus 4/3 body (I have just one true 4/3 lens, the Oly 9-18)? I like the idea of in-body stabilizations which my K-10 gives me.

    Or do I wait for more Micro 4/3 stuff to materialize.

    Keith
    Last edited by woodmancy; 8th May 2009 at 16:35.

  34. #34
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I've noticed that in almost every Brit's landscapes this time of year. Their greens are more yellow than ours--close to what I will see a bit later and towards late Summer (we do have some very light yellowish greens in some trees very early before the leaves are entirely out, but once they are--at least this year, they are GREEN). Right now our greens are SO green--sometimes I've had to go back out and look in the garden or out the window to make sure they aren't 'too'. I find it interesting--but of course, driving around the east coast from north to south, the greens are quite different also.

    Diane
    I've just returned from a short few days in Suffolk - I was born there and now live in Canada. At this time it was late spring, but the range of greens was dramatic - in Canada we only see this for just a couple of weeks, and then go right into summer.

    The other thing you notice in these photos from UK is the sky - big puffy clouds and a photographers dream.

    Keith

  35. #35
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Brian, I really liked these. I love the feeling of movement/energy in them--the appearance, at least, of the wind in the trees in several, the clouds. Just a very nice set.

    Diane B
    Thanks Diane, it was quite blustery... and I got caught in a shower later in the day, but glorious landscape weather

    The E-620 is certainly small enough to take every time!

    Kind Regards

    Brian

  36. #36
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    I see that the DNG converter just released supports the E-620...

    Good news, now I can use PhotoAcute.

    Also, it's been established that ISO 100 has the same (perhaps more) DR as ISO 200... so from now on, despite the need to expose more carefully to avoid blowing highlights I'll be shooting at ISO 100 for landscapes like this :

    E-620 + ZD 14-35mm f2 SWD
    1/160s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso100


    Cheers

    Brian

  37. #37
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    I've got an E-620 on the way, and I'll be in the mountains next weekend. I'll post some pictures for a greater variety for you to compare.

    Bear in mind, I didn't have enough to invest in anything but a couple kit lenses, and it will be my first DSLR, so I can't guarantee pictures of the quality (from a compositional and aesthetics standpoint) as high as what Brian has posted, but I can attest to the "greenness" of the Pacific Northwest.

    BTW Brian, I love your pictures. The landscapes are absolutely stunning, and you capture them beautifully. The stone wall stands out particularly in my memory as one that made my jaw drop when I first saw it.

  38. #38
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    Hey, congratulations! the kit lenses are super optically and very compact and lightweight... I'm sure you'll love the camera. If you need any help, please feel free to drop me a line.

    Also, if you haven't already got a post processing workflow - I'm just preparing a Lightzone video / tutorial... please accept my personal invite to join our Olympus Photo Safari Group here :

    http://www.alert-central.co.uk/perso...Brian%20Mosley

    Kind Regards

    Brian

    p.s. here's another E-620 simple landscape image...

    E-620 +ZD 14-35mm
    1/125s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso100


    Kind Regards

    Brian

  39. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Anyone around here got an E620 yet?

    At this point, I really don't have a set workflow. I'm coming from a Canon Powershot S5 IS, and I'm expecting there to be enough changes that I'll have to switch up some of how I used to do things (one of which is finally being able to work with RAW files!) I didn't do much post process work to begin with, and have only recently gone more in depth in an actual post process step. I am very familiar with Photoshop, though. I'll check out your tutorial and the group when I've got some spare time.

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •