The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Vario Elmarit-R Asph 35-70/2.8 on the G1 - Beauty and the Beast

Leica Vario Elmarit-R Asph 35-70/2.8 - ISO=100 1/500 @ f/5.6 - Developed in Raw Therapee

The Leica 35-70mm Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH f/2.8 is a 1,000 g lens, 145 mm long and 89 mm in diameter. It is arguably one of the best Zooms ever made by Leica – and one of the rarest R lenses to find

kweide

Is it really made by Leica ?? Earlier Zooms were all made by Minolta.
Looks like a Bazooka. Peter, show us some pics. I have a spare place in my photobag and a travel ticket for a cruise thru the mediterranean sea :ROTFL:

Lovely lens

Last edited:
Is it really made by Leica ?? Earlier Zooms were all made by Minolta.
This one is a true Leica. They made 200 in 1999 or so, at a loss - in spite of the esoteric selling price of $7,000+ - and then production ceased. Leica users had panic attacks, fits, and disorders of the nervous system trying to get one. Used ones today still command the same price and you can hardly find one.

Looks like a Bazooka. Peter, show us some pics. I have a spare place in my photobag and a travel ticket for a cruise thru the mediterranean sea
If you are interested, there is currently one for sale at the Leica Shop in Vienna for EUR 4,800 (not mine - but ask me first...)

Cheers
Peter

kweide

I saw it on that auction plattform e b a y but wtf sooooo expensive....

Last edited: