The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 Video

M

milapse

It's been interesting to watch the Bloom, Kholi, Richards tests on dvxuser for sure.

Bloom definitely has his hands on some awesome toys. Most are seeing impressive results from the camera. I've looked at some of the raw .mts files and really liked what I've seen.

Btw. Thanks again for the heads up on the J&R preorder... I'm way up on the list and they claim it will ship within a week!

Terry

You are welcome....we get a employee discount program where I work and Panasonic is one of the vendors so I am waiting for their pricing/availability on it. So far can't pre-order. Also, nothing on the 7-14 pricing on their site.

scho

Panasonic direct pre-ordering is now working. If you put a GH1 in your cart it says shipping in late May. I'm not buying - yet, unless the new Olympus turns out to be a flop.

Rawfa

Having come from the video world I used to be a VERY active at DVXuser.com and it's cool to see test made by people you know are capable of "doing it right" (it's different to get a photographer to test this cameras' video capabilities than to get an actual professional cameraman) . I'm really hoping one day there will be a camera capable of excelling in video and still equally. But the rolling shutter and sharpness have so far prevented this from happening. It would be very cool if Pana could change this (or even better, if Oly could change this by june 15th ;-) )

Terry

Panasonic direct pre-ordering is now working. If you put a GH1 in your cart it says shipping in late May. I'm not buying - yet, unless the new Olympus turns out to be a flop.
Yes, but the problem is once you try and check out you get a red warning banner saying the GH1 is not available for pre-order. I've spoken directly to Panny about it.

terry

scho

Yes, but the problem is once you try and check out you get a red warning banner saying the GH1 is not available for pre-order. I've spoken directly to Panny about it.

terry
Terry,

:( Did they give you any indication about when they will be shipping?

Carl

Terry

Terry,

:( Did they give you any indication about when they will be shipping?

Carl
No, if you frequent Panasonic.com on a regular basis you can generally as a user know more about what is going on than some of the people over the phone :confused:. I will keep trying back. I'm not sure exactly what I am going to take on my trip this summer so I am probably going to pick up a GH1 and decide how to proceed. I'm not sure when the 14-140 lens will be available for stand alone purchase but I would like to try it out in the process of putting together my kit. There is nothing really listed for the 7-14 with dates or price. I am really looking forward to the Oly offering but I fear that it will come just after I leave for Iceland :cry:.

B

Bill Wilby

Hi Terry, when are your planning your trip? I was able to place my first order today for the GH1 and the 7-14, and the 14-140, this is a good sign that they are on the way. I also do see the possibility of splitting up the kit and selling the GH1 body and the 14-140 separately if there is the demand. The other good news is the Canadian dollar is dropping or maybe the U.S. dollar is going up. regards Bill Wilby

B

Bill Wilby

Where did you place an order for the 7-14??
Hi Milapse, Sorry I should have been more clear in my post. I am a Canadian Panasonic dealer and I was able to order from Panasonic today. They gave dealers the costs last week but the products were not available to order until today. I like to have stock first so I watch my order site closely and try to get my order in first. This may be one reason I usually have stock before other dealers, another reason is our size, we are very small and just have a back door and a front door and no warehouse. New and exciting products can come in the back and go out the front very quickly. regards Bill