The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Tullio

I love the tone. it is really nice.
I own both EP1 and GF1, EP1 is not good at high ISO, but if change to B&W, maybe is the better way.
LJ
Thanks, LJ. Actually, I find the EP1 to be quite good handling high ISO (now, I don't have the EP2 or the EPL1 to compare but the EP1 is certainly better than the G1). Changing the image to B&W will certainly help masking the ISO noise!

L

LJ2004

The Cathedral of Cologne
I took in the morning, sunshine, with EP1+17/2.8, and I forget to change the iso, now the iso is 400.
As you said, Tullio, the nosie makes the photo more like film.

L

LJ2004

Another sample photo I took in Kuala Lumpur.
By E510+1442, also I forgot to change the iso, and iso is 400 in the noon. Noise sometimes really makes the feeling.

Lili

Little Grey Hiding, live view very helpful in catching him here

e410, 25mm Zuiko, 1/8sec, f2.8, ISO 800

Tullio

People used to travel in style! This is an old (fancy) dining car on display at the Old Sacramento Train Museum.

EP1 + 17mm

sinwen

Sorry for the last one missing, but also I realise this is a 4/3 thread so none of my pictures should in here !

Move them along to a proper thread please !

Thanks
Michel

Brian Mosley

Wow, the standard of photography in this thread is intimidating!

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/2000s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/1600s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

seakayaker

Red Mill Phinny Ridge B&W - Seattle, WA

DMC-GF1 - Lumix G 20mm / F1.7 ASPH. - ISO 400 20mm f/1.7 1/30 - Night shot, hand held, no flash - Converted from Color in Photoshot CS4 (mac)

Graffiti B&W U District - Seattle, WA

DMC-GF1 - Lumix G 20mm / F1.7 ASPH. - ISO 100 20mm f/1.7 1/125 - Converted from Color in Photoshot CS4 (mac)

Life is Grand!