The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

m_driscoll

E-P1 + ZD 35-100mm f2
1/160s f/2.0 at 57.0mm iso200

B&W conversion using Lightzone.

Kind Regards

Brian
Nice. I haven't tried the B & W conversion in Lightzone, yet. I like the gradations in this photo. The sharpness of the eyes, face, and hair and the softness elsewhere and, as was pointed out, the lack of harsh contrast make the portrait very warm and personal. The plush cushion adds to this effect. A very "comfortable" photo. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

For m3photo and Decisive Momentum -- Somehow the birds increased in number!

Cool photo. Dynamically balanced composition with the birds facing left and the rock thrusting right. Nice texture and detaii. The sky has just enough hint of fog/cloud to make it real. Must have been hard to get the two white birds and the black bird in just the right spot. Thanks for posting. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Brian Mosley

Brilliant conversion - much better than some of the Leica-punchiness I was just reading about.
Thank you, very kind indeed :) and thanks to you too Matt... it's great to get feedback!

I love to see the M8 and M9 shots, because many of the photographers are coming from film and really manage to evoke that era... loads to learn here!

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Outside portrait this time... just checking the new fast face detection firmware in the E-P1 with the ZD 50mm f2

E-P1 + ZD 50mm f2
1/125s f/4.0 at 50.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Leica 77

Outside portrait this time... just checking the new fast face detection firmware in the E-P1 with the ZD 50mm f2

E-P1 + ZD 50mm f2
1/125s f/4.0 at 50.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian
Hi Brian,
Great work! The B&W conversion using Lightzone appears certainly very pleasing! All the best! :)

T

turbo

The Buzzard Hilton.

Shot out of the car window on my way home from work.
G1 - Pentax-M 150mm/3.5 (@f8).