The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

kevinparis

a few more form my e-p1/17mmm adventures on the streets of paris and at a paris photo expo.... yes that is a x-1 the man in the cap is holding :)

late night post birthday dinner post processing applied...

kevin

barjohn

There is something about that Nik Silver Effex that really looks good to me. I wish it wasn't so darn expensive.

m_driscoll

a few more form my e-p1/17mmm adventures on the streets of paris and at a paris photo expo.... yes that is a x-1 the man in the cap is holding :)

late night post birthday dinner post processing applied...

kevin
Nice B & W. I especially like the last one. There's something about a sidewalk cafe being stacked up after closing that's evocative of the hours before when it was open. Easy to imagine the people, drinking wine, laughing. Going home, maybe a little sad it's closing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

V

Vivek

Thanks, Matt. I thought that will go well with Kevin's fair shots (though mine wasn't a fair snap). Here is one from a (book) fair.

kevinparis

There is something about that Nik Silver Effex that really looks good to me. I wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
don't know if i was my pics that prompted this statement - but for the record all my recent B/W have been done using Apertures tools only

K

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I don't usually like posterization, but I was looking for a way to separate the statue from the background.

GH-1 with Oly 9-18

"Deridia Lady - Rome"

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
don't know if i was my pics that prompted this statement - but for the record all my recent B/W have been done using Apertures tools only

K
I don't think it was, Kevin. Looked like it was a response to M Driscoll in the earlier post who said he used Silver EFex

Keith

Brian Mosley

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/80s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/160s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/160s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/50s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian