The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

scho

Very nice beach scenes Amin and Cindy. I'm looking forward to escaping the snow and doing something similar in a couple of weeks.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Carl. I bet Amin was a little warmer than I was. What a winter! I hope your beach is warm and I'll look forward to the photos.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Carl. I'm finally warming to the "poor girl's" Noctilux....er, Nokton. It is a lens that takes some getting used to. I think I like it better on the G1 than on my M8 or M4-P. I can get a much higher number of perfect focus shots with the G1. The fact that it becomes a 100 f/1.1 if not a bad thing for a portrait lens.

JGH

Hello to everyone,
I have been browsing this site for ages and the quality of photos are outstanding, so i have a few to share that i would love advice on as i got an Olympus E520 with two kit lenses and finding that a DSLR is another world from my trusty old Pentax K1000.

Keep posting those pics....

J:salute:

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hello to everyone,
I have been browsing this site for ages and the quality of photos are outstanding, so i have a few to share that i would love advice on as i got an Olympus E520 with two kit lenses and finding that a DSLR is another world from my trusty old Pentax K1000.

Keep posting those pics....

J:salute:
JGH, Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed the photos from your first post. It looks like you have made the transition into digital. :thumbs:

Brian Mosley

The Mumbles coastline.

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/80s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/80s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Last edited:

Tullio

Tullio, 3 beauties, but the third one really stands out.
Thanks, Cindy. Here's another from the same trip. I converted the image to B&W using picnik for the first time (now available for free through Flickr). Not a bad free software, although I much prefer Photoscape.

J

JohnW

Sold my LX3 and just got a GF1 + 20 1.7. Trying it out around the house and and liking it very much.

John