The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Kerik

I'm new here and new to M43. Just got a Red GF-1 and some interesting glass for it. I'm a long-time platinum and gum bichromate printer and I'll be using this camera to make digital negatives and print them in platinum and gum. Here's my first. Shot with a 13mm Elgeet C-mount lens. The print is about 13" in diameter:

D

Devon Shaw

Pigeon Panasonic GF1 + 12.5 Cosmicar f1.4

I like this a lot with the swirling effect and the almost hidden pigeon. I'm curious though about the meaning and the purpose behind the text at the top.

-Devon

Leica 77

I'm new here and new to M43. Just got a Red GF-1 and some interesting glass for it. I'm a long-time platinum and gum bichromate printer and I'll be using this camera to make digital negatives and print them in platinum and gum. Here's my first. Shot with a 13mm Elgeet C-mount lens. The print is about 13" in diameter:

Hi Kerik,
Welcome to the wonderful world of M43. Your image is beautiful! Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like this a lot with the swirling effect and the almost hidden pigeon. I'm curious though about the meaning and the purpose behind the text at the top.

-Devon
Hi Devon:

It's the secret code of film, that plasticky stuff we used before SD cards. He shot it on the 16th of Feb 2050 using Agfa Golden Bokeh C1 film with a resolution of 10.2 meters by 12.7 meters.

Sorry, I don't deserve to be here :deadhorse:

Keith

D

Devon Shaw

Hi Devon:

It's the secret code of film, that plasticky stuff we used before SD cards. He shot it on the 16th of Feb 2050 using Agfa Golden Bokeh C1 film with a resolution of 10.2 meters by 12.7 meters.

Sorry, I don't deserve to be here :deadhorse:

Keith
Ah. Yes I've seen that on scanned images before.. thanks for the translation.. though the confusion is more about why it is there on a photograph taken with a GF1... probably a silly question but.. is it just for aesthetic value? or is there film involved somewhere in the process?

Devon

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Lots of great stuff here. I especially enjoyed Bob's snowscape, Devon's portrait, and Kerik's platinum and gum printing. M3photo...love the sky. Tullio interesting B+W. maxmorrison your pigeon is interesting.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Cindy and Leica 77.
That was an amazing amount of DR for that little GF1.
-bob

D

Devon Shaw

Lots of great stuff here. I especially enjoyed Bob's snowscape, Devon's portrait, and Kerik's platinum and gum printing. M3photo...love the sky. Tullio interesting B+W. maxmorrison your pigeon is interesting.
Thanks Cindy.
Your bus shot is excellent as well.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Ah. Yes I've seen that on scanned images before.. thanks for the translation.. though the confusion is more about why it is there on a photograph taken with a GF1... probably a silly question but.. is it just for aesthetic value? or is there film involved somewhere in the process?

Devon

Hey Max - please help me out here :cussing:

Keith

Tullio

Awesome IR shot, Cindy. Do you actually use an IR filter or just software?

Here's another one taken with EP1 + Chinon 50mm f1.7.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Awesome IR shot, Cindy. Do you actually use an IR filter or just software?
Thanks Devon and Tullio.

Tullio, I had an infrared conversion (715NM) done on my blue G1 by Precision Camera Repair (not Monza's Precision Camera Store). I do not have to put any filter on it. If I wanted deeper IR effects, I still could put another filter on it.

M

maxmorrison

Hey Max - please help me out here :cussing:

Keith
Here I am! :D

I'm an old school graphic designer so I love to use Adobe Photoshop and a bunch of nice plugz to post product my shoots.

This one (the pigeon) was made with onOne PhotoFrame plug in (also works in Aperture as well) obviously on a Mac™. It is a old medium format frame with printed info about the shoot (as woodmancy knows) using random data...

Just 4 info, if someone needs info about Apple computer creative appliances I'm an Apple Product Reseller and I will be glad to help :eek: