The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

seakayaker

. . . . . on the walk to work this morning saw the moon and it just seemed out of place to be rising in the Eastern Sky at 6:52 AM.

Cresent Moon

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/8 -- Hand Held

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Godfrey

Observatory

Olympus E-5 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
ISO 3200 @ f/2 @ 1/10 second
Rendered from .ORF using Lightroom 3.2

Normally in this sort of light level I'd have pulled out the tripod and used ISO 200-400 and a long exposure, but I wanted to see how far I could push the envelope of the E-5's high iso performance, image stabilization and hand-holding. I need f/2 to make enough depth of field or the foreground got too soft.

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

seakayaker

Very Nice Godfrey, I like the shot, and the fact that you shot it with the Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

Thanks for posting shots with the E-5 since I am considering picking one up. Please keep the pictures coming along with your findings.

I wanted to see what the GF2 would bring and it just is not enough at this time to move from the the GF1. I like the idea of the E-5 since I can use the couple of Leica D lens that I have. The strong build and weather proofing would be nice for winter outdoor use in the Seattle area.

They are not readily available yet but hopefully availability picks up in the near future.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Godfrey

Very Nice Godfrey, I like the shot, and the fact that you shot it with the Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

Thanks for posting shots with the E-5 since I am considering picking one up. Please keep the pictures coming along with your findings.

I wanted to see what the GF2 would bring and it just is not enough at this time to move from the the GF1. I like the idea of the E-5 since I can use the couple of Leica D lens that I have. The strong build and weather proofing would be nice for winter outdoor use in the Seattle area.

They are not readily available yet but hopefully availability picks up in the near future.
Thanks Dan!

The E-5 is everything I'd hoped for. I'm very glad I went for it over the E-3, even though it cost me a good chunk more, unexpectedly. I put off a couple of other equipment purchases to get it, so I'm very pleased that it's worked out to be so satisfactory.

My needs/desires for a compact are changing now as my photographic work for the next several years will be based on this camera primarily. It does everything I was using the E-1, L1 and G1 to do, other than be lightweight and small. For lightweight and small, a fast wide-normal lens is enough. I'll either pick up a GF1 body (via trade for the G1) and use it with the 20mm almost exclusively. Or I'll sell all of them, get on with the other equipment purchases I have in mind, and wait for the Fuji X100 to surface.

BTW: I did a blog post featuring this photo and with two additional photos made last evening:

http://godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com/onwards

Leica 77

From my recent travel to the Orient:
"Miyajima". GF1 + 20mm.

"Torii (Gateway) at Miyajima". UNESCO World Heritage Site. GF1 + 7-14mm. :)