The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

MRfanny

Re: Black & White Process

Properly? What's properly? Looks fine to me.
ha i dunno, just assuming there is probably some set of academic rules to follow when converting to BW other than just desaturate, adjusting blacks, exposure, sharpness, clarity..etc. Whatever looks good to the eyes seems to be working so far =)

Here's another one called "Mary & Bitumen"

Leica 77

Since I visited this thread last, there have been many wonderful B&W images posted by MRfanny, Pelao, Klaus, jsf, deckitout, mediumcool, RichM and abry. :)

Here is an image recorded in Shanghai during my last visit there. E330 + Kit Lens.

kweide

From ancient times

Olympus OM-1 + Zuiko 50 mm f1.4, no NR :)
ISO unknown ( assume 100 ) f1.4 ( guess ), shutterspeed unknown, 50 mm focal length, no flash
Age of picture: approx. 30 years

Picture out of my Film archive ...​

DHart

Leica.. great subject for B&W, geometric shapes and lines... with the people inside offering the organic, rounded juxtaposition. Sweet.

Klaus... what a stunning portrait; fantastic expression, tones, sharpness.

keeds... awesome textures and tones, very nice B&W rendition.

kweide

The witch is back

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12-60SWD f2.8, no NR
ISO400 @ f3,6, 1/250 second, 33 mm focal length​

kweide

Pale beauty
... with a touch of analog film-style ...

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25 f1.4, noNR
ISO 400 @ f4, 1/250 second, 25 mm focal length​

f6cvalkyrie

Soooo many beautiful pictures here recently !

Here's one from a recent shoot in Louvain-la-Neuve.

G1 with 14-45mm and a 0.25x fisheye convertor

C U,
Rafael

DHart

greyelm... The tonality and slight softness totally give that image the look and feel of a traditional B&W print that could have been made in 1935.

G

Greyelm

greyelm... The tonality and slight softness totally give that image the look and feel of a traditional B&W print that could have been made in 1935.
Yes, I love these old Leitz lenses. This is one from a 1935 Summar 5cm f/2.0