The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Godfrey

Parkland Forest

Olympus E-5 + ZD 50mm f/2
ISO 500 @ f/3.2 @ 1/2000 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

JGH

Hi All,
I have been messing around with different filters and techniques in PS and thought i would share a couple of my wife. Im really liking B+W at the mo and either leaving the grain from the camera or adding just a tad from some filters. They seem ok, i need to practice more but the main thing is im having fun :D:D

Thanks J :salute:

Friedel

Karl... fantastic Paris images! Please elaborate on how you made them.
Thank you all for your friendly comments. First I developed the Raws with LR 3.3, for the B/W conversion I took Silver Efex pro 2. Camera was E-Pl1 with m zuiko 9-18 (first one) and Lumix 14-45.

Karl

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you all for your friendly comments. First I developed the Raws with LR 3.3, for the B/W conversion I took Silver Efex pro 2. Camera was E-Pl1 with m zuiko 9-18 (first one) and Lumix 14-45.

Karl
Really fantastic serie and so sharp. I'll be in Paris next week and planned to take that same Zuiko with me, although I had interiors in mind.
But these photographs open literally perspectives.

Thanks for sharing,

Michiel

Godfrey

JGH: I have been messing around with different filters and techniques in PS and thought i would share a couple of my wife. Im really liking B+W at the mo and either leaving the grain from the camera or adding just a tad from some filters. They seem ok, i need to practice more but the main thing is im having fun
Like the rendering in the second of these.

It's dangerous to make any comments on the subject matter when the subject is the significant other of the photographer... ! =:cool:

Michiel Schierbeek

Yeah, thanks Karl. :thumbup:
Love the kiosk, I do not always dare to do shots like this.
But the man has, besides a very french, a very relaxed attitude.

The second one shows the M4/3 noise problem, but still nice in its own way.

Michiel

DHart

Karl... Notre Dame Chapel and Lord of Magazines are fantastic! What lenses, please?

Are these also converted in LR3 with Silver EFX Pro2? I've been resisting spending the money on Silver EFX thinking that I could get similar results with tweaking controls in LR, but perhaps it's just a lot better to go with the easier approach?

Wonderfully inspiring B&W's!!!

JGH

Like the rendering in the second of these.

It's dangerous to make any comments on the subject matter when the subject is the significant other of the photographer... ! =:cool:
Thanks Godfrey, its ok to comment about my better (& MORE BEAUTIFUL) half. I really like the second pic too. Would you believe i spent 2 hours on that pic !!!! I tried many iterations and ended up with that as the final result.
Glad you like it.

Thanks. J

DHart

Karl... there is an amazing crispness and contrast in the Lord of Magazines (as well as the Paris images you've posted). Do you attribute the bulk of that to the Silver EFX B&W conversion? Your images here sent me to view your Flickr gallery, which is wonderful.

I noticed that you have used a GF-1, E-PL1, and NEX. I'm deep into the Lumix m4/3 system with GF-1, GH2, and a bunch of lenses. I have considered adding an E-PL2 for the internal IS for use with legacy lenses, but have concerns about mixing in another user interface to have to deal with (the Oly user interface). As a user of both GF-1 and E-PL1, what are your thoughts on going back and forth between these two cameras?