The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

DHart

Thanks for your comments, Michael. I processed the first one before really studying the rest of them and then later decided this one was better, so I re did the processing with this one. I can tell already that I'm going to be using SEfex a lot!

The tree image is wonderful. Great composition and rich tones and textures! It would be nice to see how this looks in color as well.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Concrete With Graffiti And Cracks

Olympus E-5 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 2500 @ f/8 @ 1/20 second, 11mm

on my walk this morning, i took the wide lens and meditated on the situation halfway around the world. this delicate graffiti caught my eye ...

thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

m3photo

Re: Trees

The tree image is wonderful. Great composition and rich tones and textures! It would be nice to see how this looks in color as well.
Your wish is my command:

And as this is a Black and White thread (albeit a 4/3rds one) I'll add this palette of wisps I found above my garden taken with a D700+50mm f/1.4 Manual Nikkor 1/2000@f/8 ISO 200:

f6cvalkyrie

@ Godfrey : well seen, beautiful tones too
@ Michael : what a dramatic sky ! Superb :thumbs:

Here's a conversion from a photowalk last week.
Today is another dull grey day, so no photowalk :mad:

G1 with Rodenstock Retina-Rotelar 135/4

Have a nice day,
Rafael

DHart

Michael... thanks for that. Not sure if I like it better in B&W or color. Both are really nice. From my own visual perspective, I would enhance the color rendition. There is a lot to work with there in terms of enriching the tones and vibrancy. Of course, one may prefer the more subdued tonality. There is no right nor wrong, just variations. So many different ways to go with this wonderful image.

m3photo

Re: Enhancement

From my own visual perspective, I would enhance the color rendition. There is a lot to work with there in terms of enriching the tones and vibrancy. Of course, one may prefer the more subdued tonality. There is no right nor wrong, just variations.
Actually you're spot on. The image I have and will be printed as such is enhanced, the conversion done by the GetDpi engine has toned it down considerably which in turn prompted this exchange :). As you say; "just variations".

Godfrey

Thanks Raf!

The train shot is very nice. Has an old-timey feel about it that's very appealing, I like the long-lens compression too.